Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

sweet 808

Pages: 1 2 47 replies

S

We have a guest room- office-TiKi Room -grandkids playroom over the garage......to get to this room, you enter from the second floor landing and you are in this small hallway type of room. I've always planned on turning this small room into a TiKi Bar. I had a lot of my collection displayed in here but the walls were white and NO BAR. So...I'm starting from scratch.

I ran out of matting and bamboo, so that's all for today. I'll keep ya posted, thanks for looking.

Looks like you have got a great start...keep up the good work.

L9

Looks great! where are you getting your matting?

Lookin' good Shootiki, what's the significance of the Sweet 808 name?

Let me know if you need any help...

S

Thanks for the comments.
I picked up the matting and poles at a local place in San Diego - Backyard X- Scapes........gotta go back for more.
SWEET 808 came from the area code in Hawaii. I was just going to put 808 on the door, then thought Suite 808, then that turned into SWEET 808.
I don't know if I'll keep it or not, It's good for now.
Thanks for the offer of help Derek, I'll probably take you up on it. I'm just making it up as I go, I've got lots of questions.

S

a few progress shots

"A- frame" over the bar

trap door with Bill Collins TiKi mask

poolside fountain

Fountain will be great, will you be offering little pills by the small door so we can transform ourselves?

S

just a TiKi at the end of the bar

still needs more matting, some bamboo trim work .......then mugs, masks, TiKis, album covers, pictures, posters, monkeys, birds and lamps

thanks for looking

S

No pills required, VampiressRN. That small door is only used by the grandkids that love to play in this room, we can all use the regular sized door.

KIDS IN THE TIKI ROOM! I say good day sir! :lol:

M

looking good...

Cant wait to see it.

S

Well....I got it mostly finished for the San Diego North County TiKi Crawl

took this photo before the guests arrived and then forgot to take more

Great inspiration for my own small space, please post more photos soon!

S

a few more photos
it's a pretty small room (actually more of a hallway that leads into our guestroom/ohana/office) about 6 1/2 feet wide x 14 feet long

Bill Collins TiKi on the attic access door

this is the bigger room

Looks GREAT!

Looking great...it is taking on character. NICE JOB!!!

Any Updates ?

S

the TiKiville Slugger....carved by cy " Frog Island TiKis"

Love the slugger
Saw it at Caliente

Jon

PP

wheres that tiny door go to??
room looks great, what a fun place to hang out!! wish I had a cool window seat like you have!!!!

S

the tiny door leads into a bedroom closet. when we built the house, that was the access into the attic (which became Sweet 808 with a real door from the stair landing). it's a fun room!

S

new TiKi in the corner of Sweet 808

Gotta love a tiki bar with a secret door leading through the closet. Suite 808 is the perfect accommodation for the wardrobe drinker. Check me in.

Really good job on that difficult to fill space. Congrats.

S

Thanks Thurston

S

picked up this lamp at the San Diego Vintage Flea Market ...I already had the shade...added the TiKi-Topper

MH

Looks great!

S

a few photos of some recent additions to Sweet 808
new sign by TiKi tOny

puffer fish by TiKi Vato

a small Bosko piece

and Santa and Sponge Bob are visiting for Christmas
It's great to have access to so much cool TiKi Art...there's a lot of talent out there!

Love that lamp!!!

S

puffer-fish lamp inside of a glass float........from Smokin TiKis

Our Skootiki would have looked great in your room, I'm glad we snagged it before you thought of doing that. Wendy and Dan

S

thanks again Wendy and Dan......most TiKis that I carve spend a little time hangin' out in Sweet 808 before they head off to their new homes.

T

Looks great, love all the variety of art- as well as your carves!

S

new addition to Sweet 808

S

thanks TikiAno!

T

Great additions- that lamp is badass....

S

I found that lamp at the San Diego Vintage Flea Market....I think there's one coming up in March. There's always great finds there.

The Tiki table looks fabulous in your pad!!!

Thanks VampiressRN....the table may end up back at Sweet 808, right now it's for sale at Blacktop Depot's Tiki Attic in Orange CA. I'm working on another one like it and have some ideas for some other TiKi tables

Skootiki, you've done some nice work. I like the way you have used different textures on the walls.

S

hangin out in sweet 808
photo by Jared Sislin

Nice way to start your day. Like that shirt way too cool. I like where you placed your Large puffer fish.

S

thanks TikiVato, there's another one of your pufferfish lamps behind the big one but you can't see it from this angle.

Congrats in the 808!

S

another shot of Sweet 808 by Jared Sislin Photography

very cool. Looks like somewhere I'd spend a lot of time if it were in my house. Kudos.

Pages: 1 2 47 replies