Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

A Tiny Tiki for Mr Vato

Pages: 1 9 replies

R
Roru posted on Mon, Jul 9, 2012 7:25 PM

I am roru, I carve teensy stone tikis. I primarily use beach pebbles and clamshells as my materials, and I carve with a foredom handpeice and about a million crummy diamond bits from china. This one was commissioned by TikiVato. It is inspired by Paipo's interpretation of the cannibal tiki's...I love all of Paipo's work, he is an incredible stone carver.

Ready,
Set,
Carve!

I start by using a prismacolor pencil for the rough outline. I've tried other kinds, but they all seem to wash off when I carve them.

This is the little skull that will go is MiniVato's mouth. It's made out of clamshell I find all around the beaches here. Very pearly and has an almost tiger-eye like iridescence.

this is how it will layout:

Wow...very artistic...looking forward to your finished Tiki. :tiki:

Way cool

T

Awesome progress. A four finger Tiki. Keep the pictures coming. I will wear that proudly.

T

I am already blown away!

Can't wait to see this piece completed!

Like that skull, cool...

R
Roru posted on Thu, Jul 12, 2012 6:56 AM

I finished MiniVato today, here are the last of the progress-pictures:

I will ship this tiki out to Tikivato tomorrow morning. It should arrive in California before this wednesday.

If any else wants a special request tiki, sent me a PM. I will send you a paypal invoice for $40 - $45 depending on the design you want.

P

that is completely and totally bad ass.

nicely done.

BT

very cool

Beautiful work!

Pages: 1 9 replies