Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's Pillows

Pages: 1 3 replies

I came across this line of pillows while looking for something else.
Dransfield & Ross has a line of Trader Vic's pillows:
http://www.dransfieldandross.biz/search_products.asp?category=Pillows&subcategory=Trader%20Vics

Now it's been some time since I've been to a TV (living in Pittsburgh and all) but they don't strike me as all that Trader Vic's-esque.
Except of course the Tonga, which if anyone wants to get for me (only $350 or so) I'd gladly accept!

I've been following the photos of Jones Baker Interiors and Architecture who seem to have cornered the market on new TVs and don't see anything like those fabrics.

Anyone know more about them?

On a sort of related note, anyone else noticed that Trader Vic's online shopping site has been closed for almost a year now? I've been wanting to buy a couple sets of their Mai Tai glasses but no dice, it continually says "close for construction".

Re: Trader Vic's Mai Tai Glasses

I got lucky on a visit to TV's in Palo Alto a number of years ago when they had a Mai Tai glass promotion. With a coupon (from an area restaurant promo pamphlet) you'd buy a Mai Tai and get to keep the commemorative glass with their Mai Tai recipe imprinted on the side. I remember the first time I used a coupon and the bartender, who only worked there one day a week, didn't know what to do. He gave me one of their regular glasses to take home. Then on my next visit I received one of the commemorative glasses. I only have one of each, and I treat each with care hoping not to break it. Those were the days when I was starting to learn about tropical drinks and didn't yet understand the history and complexity of the drink. It left a good impression in my mind, one which grew later when I started making the drink at home.

On 2012-08-10 06:13, AceExplorer wrote:
Re: Trader Vic's Mai Tai Glasses

I got lucky on a visit to TV's in Palo Alto a number of years ago when they had a Mai Tai glass promotion. With a coupon (from an area restaurant promo pamphlet) you'd buy a Mai Tai and get to keep the commemorative glass with their Mai Tai recipe imprinted on the side. I remember the first time I used a coupon and the bartender, who only worked there one day a week, didn't know what to do. He gave me one of their regular glasses to take home. Then on my next visit I received one of the commemorative glasses. I only have one of each, and I treat each with care hoping not to break it. Those were the days when I was starting to learn about tropical drinks and didn't yet understand the history and complexity of the drink. It left a good impression in my mind, one which grew later when I started making the drink at home.

I picked up some Trader Vics lowball glasses at their warehouse sale about 3 years ago. I got some of their 75th anniversary glasses and 4 mini lowball glasses (they looked about half the size of a standard mai tai glass). But the small ones fell apart after moderate use. The glass cracked or chipped after about a year. Very odd.

Pages: 1 3 replies