Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Personal Home Tiki Bar Menu

Pages: 1 11 replies

There have been a couple of threads here about making your own home tiki bar menu, which is a nice idea (I am in the process of making one on my computer). If there are any of you that would like to show off your home tiki menu, why not place it on this thread. I actually found someone on Ebay making money at it and thought one of you out there, who doesn't have the graphic design skills, would like to know that this was available. No, I'm not getting any kickbacks ($), nor do I know this person.
Just thought it was a nice idea.
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3229858026

YO HO!

WARNING: Excessive use of tiki mugs with alcohol can lead to nudity.
Below: She's just getting started

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-06-23 11:30 ]

Dusting this old thread off and bringing it to the top.

This is a good idea! Let's see those home bar menus!

I'll bite that hook. Here is front & back to a menu I printed for a small dinner party a while back. I created the graphics with my practically non-existent water color pencil skills, scanned them and created a Word document that I can change and print.

Nice MDM!

Great menu MDM ! The hand drawn art is a great touch. Here are three of mine for my home bar. They are small and are a mix of different vintage menu images I scanned into the computer and edited. It's a lot of fun for folks to look through a menu at the home bar as it only adds to a night of pure escapism.

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2012-09-23 05:48 ]

OGR

Very nice work Trav and MDM...great execution.

"Come curious...leave fulfilled" ~ great line Trav.

To me, menus seem like a no-brainer; you have spent untold time and money to re-create a 50's PolyPop atmosphere, you might as well spend another hour and make a menu.

Mine is actually a Powerpoint file (not Word) that can be edited to fit the evening and printed on some light colored card stock. If anyone wants a copy of the file just PM me your email address.

On 2012-09-23 06:51, Or Got Rum? wrote:
Very nice work Trav and MDM...great execution.

DITTO. I have often thought about doing this myself, so great to see examples. Will have to do some serious pondering about this.

Does this count as a menu?

Sorry Matt :D

You got a laugh outta me!

We create our own drinks (and do a lot of tasting to make sure it tastes just right), create the names and take photos of the drinks. We made this bar book and are now starting our next volume. These are just some of the pages.

On 2012-09-26 23:46, Freaky Tiki Mike wrote:
We create our own drinks (and do a lot of tasting to make sure it tastes just right), create the names and take photos of the drinks. We made this bar book and are now starting our next volume. These are just some of the pages.

That's a very cool menu! I'm also planning on doing some sort of personal bar menu in the not-too-distant future, I have a series of "favorites" that my friends have enjoyed over the years and which I enjoy mixing and sharing. This not only makes it MUCH easier to help people decide what they want to explore when they visit your bar, but it falls nicely in line with they're used to doing at restaurants - using a menu. Your photos are great, I'm sure this is a big hit with your guests. I hope to post pics here later when I get my bar menu done.

Pages: 1 11 replies