Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

new to TC and wanted to say hi

Pages: 1 3 replies

K

hello i was looking around for Tiki info and i found Tiki heaven. lol i bought a house with a screened in pool about 2 years ago. since i got the house i always pictured tikis chillin by the pool. i live in central Florida and grew up near the beach surfing, smoking and taking girls for long walks on the beach (the good old days). so the tiki culture reminds me of my teenage years. i looked into buying some tikis but i found that the main local guy who does tikis charges more than i am willing to pay him. finally i said "I can do that!" so i went online looking for wood. i soon found that the search was not getting much wood. about a week later a pretty good storm pushed its way through as is the norm on a hot summer day here. while that storm was doing its thing the tiki gods struck! after the storm i took my dog out and was shocked as i saw the gift the tiki gods had given me. a 40 foot palm tree had fallen in my back yard. well a little outside my yard lol. ( no B.S. )i asked the lawn guys who do the common areas around the neighborhood to just chop it into good size pieces and leave it. my first tiki was cool and everyone seemed to like but all i could think is "I can do better". that was a year ago and i have been busy. i am addicted lol and i got my mother addicted too lol
thanks for checking out my post. hope you like my work. would love to hear your comments. that is my first try carving out the body on a tiki.

[ Edited by: KeverC 2012-09-01 22:47 ]

[ Edited by: Keverc 2012-09-05 13:45 ]

BS

Welcome and great work! The one on the left is top notch.

Welcome to TC and congrats on your carvings...that palm was meant to find you. :tiki:

Welcome. Nice carvings.

Pages: 1 3 replies