Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki Orchestra Nov 17th - ED-A THON - ON SALE NOW !!!

Pages: 1 2 3 128 replies

D

any sneak peeks of the art for this show?

On 2012-10-19 12:38, dibroc wrote:
any sneak peeks of the art for this show?

yeah, what he said.

Jeff(btd)

As this event is about making the MAXIMUM dollars for our friend Ed,I thought EBAY would be the place to let some of these personal treasures be sold.

For the next couple of day's I will be releasing some very RARE and 1 of a kind pieces for the cause.

First Up.

From Amy Boylan/John Mulder/Anthony Carpenter/ Me

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261118519943

This is the ONLY TEST GLAZE LEFT.

ALL Money will be sent in a check to the cause.

T

Thanx Rory for the generous donation and the idea of opening the fundraising efforts to people beyond just the people coming to the show is a great idea !

If anyone donating an auction piece would like to go this route, feel free....there is obviously alot of ebay shoppers out there who are not local and can't make the show who's money can still go to the cause.

Thanx Rory...great idea, and that's a killer mug as well.

Hope you are all coming to support Eddie next month!

T

Aloha!

For the Ed-A-Thon silent auction, I'd like to offer a custom made dress, sewn to order!

After a couple of conversations with Marie and others, it seemed like the best way to offer a dress would not be to guess at a size, but to show a few example patterns and fabrics, and allow the winner to pick their favorite.

These are the fabrics I have available:

Here are the available patterns:

1960's Waterfall back dress

Vogue V8725

Butterick B5603

Simplicity 3833

• Please note that the Bird of Paradise fabric will work best with the Vogue and Butterick patterns due to the layout of the print on the fabric.

Here's a link to galleries on my site where you can see some examples. I'm also donating a handbag and an apron to the raffle.

Maybe something for yourself? Maybe something for your significant other? Let's raise some money for Eddie!

Val

Wow,TIkiVal....looks great....Guys...this would a really great X Mas gift for your Tiki Gal !

***JUST ADDED ***

Longtime friend of the Tikiyaki Orchestra, Dancing Tehani heard about Ed-A-Thon and offered to help the cause by performing with us.

If you've never seen Tehani dance , you're in for a real treat...Beautiful, exotic, and Belly Dancer of the Universe Competition Fusion Champion 2008 & Congeniality Award Winner, she really brings a wonderful element to our show.

Thanx Tehani !!!

Video here : http://tikiyakiorchestra.com/video.htm

http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2012-11-01 09:01 ]

T

AUCTION ITEM

From Tiki Ray...

"Lolo Aole Pua'a"

Carved Luau Pig Skull wall hanging.
Actual Pig skull from Polynesian Pop Adrian's Birthday party Luau Pig last month !
Tiki Ray took home the skull and carved designs into it.

Thanx Ray !

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2012-11-01 09:35 ]

TM

On 2012-10-31 23:06, tikiyaki wrote:
***JUST ADDED ***

Longtime friend of the Tikiyaki Orchestra, Dancing Tehani heard about Ed-A-Thon and offered to help the cause by performing with us.

If you've never seen Tehani dance , you're in for a real treat...Beautiful, exotic, and Belly Dancer of the Universe Competition Fusion Champion 2008 & Congeniality Award Winner, she really brings a wonderful element to our show.

Thanx Tehani !!!

Video here : http://tikiyakiorchestra.com/video.htm

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2012-11-01 09:01 ]

Oh My! This IS great news! The smokin menehunes were one of the first "tiki" bands that had Tehani dancing for us....I have to second what you said, Jim. This girl is not only cute as a button but a fantastically sexy and awesome dancer, in just about any style you care to mention. What an awesome addition to this show!

KT

I bought tickets online and never recieved them. Are we supposed to be sent tickets or is it a guest list type thing. Mahalo.

T

On 2012-11-02 21:44, Koma Tiki wrote:
I bought tickets online and never recieved them. Are we supposed to be sent tickets or is it a guest list type thing. Mahalo.

We will post instructions on here, and you'll get them emailed to you as well....

PLEASE PRINT OUT YOUR PAYPAL INVOICE AND BRING IT TO THE SHOW...THAT IS YOUR TICKET.

We will have your name on a list, but we'llstill need a paypal invoice as a proof of purchase.

KT

Mahalo. Wasn't sure how it worked, now all is clear.

T

OK folks, we're less than 2 weeks away. The high Chief's Room is now sold out, but there are plenty of seats still available in the Hidden Village.

Remember....ALL PROCEEDS GO TO EDDIE CLELAND.....so, you'd really be helping out.

Radiation treatments EVERY DAY for 6 weeks, tests, a surgery NOT covered by insurance.... the bills pile up.

Every bit helps

Mahalo !

Jim

Jim,

Are you spreading the word via Facebook land,
I heard there is a new thing on that is making it harder for bands to send out messages to their list of followers.

Jeff(btd)

S

Donated from Forbidden Island owner Molokai Mike I will be bringing a Forbidden Island shirt (size L) and one of their blue float mugs for auction/raffle. Thank you Mike for the donation!

Also Otto is going to do some digging and find some swag to donate for auction but more on that later!

T

Awesome...Thanx Ms Dee, Mike and Otto !

T

ANOTHER AUCTION ITEM :

**Donated by BOSKO http://tikibosko.com/

"SPACE BOB" Mug - Stands 12" tall. AP, only one of this color made.**

This Artist Proof mug is approximately 10 years , and one of a small run of only 25. This is the only one of this color produced, so this is truly a one of kind mug.

For those of you who don't know BOSKO. He was the first person to produce a NEW tiki mug since the 60's and 70's when restaurants and bars stopped producing mugs. His place in the Tiki Resurgence we are experiencing today is basically Ground Zero....one of the fouding fathers of the tiki revival that started in the late 80's and early 90's. Along with Otto, Sven, Shag, and Jeff Berry, Bosko was there first....as an urban archaeologist, collector, artist carver, and mug producer.

Thanx Bosko !!!

T

Glad we could help out Jim, hope it goes to a good home.

Bosko

T

THIS JUST IN :

Tony Marsico wont be able to perform, but was kind enough to donate a 6 pack of CD's for the raffle.

Io his place, The Smokin Menehunes will be the first act on the bill.

Thanx, Bong, Mick and Pat for helping us out last minute. That's what Ohana's all about !

Still tickeys left in the hidden village ! More art auction and raffle pieces coming in !

Get your tickets before the sell out.

T

BTW....we will be raising a toast to Art Snyder at the show, in case anyone couldnt make the memorial on Saturday (like me)

R.I.P Art.

T

Bump ! This weekend !!! Get your tickets before they're gone !

T

A preview of one of my contributions to the raffle:

Looking forward to Saturday!

Val

If you have ever watched Tikiyaki perform and you can make it this weekend to Don's you really need to be there.

For all the times the members of Tikiyaki have supported your events its time to give back to this band and its amazing drummer Eddie by coming out to this fundraiser.

Tikiyaki has been such a huge part of almost every major tiki memory for me that I could not imagine not driving down to help support them and Eddie by attending the show this weekend.

I really hope the community here shows up in force this weekend for a night of awesome music surrounded by great friends at a great old school tiki establishment all to show our support for a great guy.

See you in a few days!

T

Tiki Val - Really nice !!! Thanx !!!!

SandraDee- Mahalo for that great sentiment....if there's ever a time when we needed a sold out house it's now....

Folks....seats in the Hidden Village are still left so, help our brother Eddie out.

For those of you who missed our Spytacular at Tiki Oasis....we'll be playing all of those Spy tunes at this show....Intrique,espionage and brain experiments await.

TM

On 2012-11-11 21:31, tikiyaki wrote:
THIS JUST IN :

Tony Marsico wont be able to perform, but was kind enough to donate a 6 pack of CD's for the raffle.

Io his place, The Smokin Menehunes will be the first act on the bill.

Thanx, Bong, Mick and Pat for helping us out last minute. That's what Ohana's all about !

Still tickeys left in the hidden village ! More art auction and raffle pieces coming in !

Get your tickets before the sell out.

Thanks Jimbo. We are glad to do it!

I feel Ed is one of the strongest, bravest dudes around. Having met him in person two times (we hung out at the verizon wireless concert the Hula girls played a few years back) only reinforced my esteem for him.

I can't believe that this is not sold out yet.

Come on people, lets all come out in support of our fellow tiki peep in need of help.

Jeff(btd)

What he said....

We have a great show lined up.....the Smokin Menehunes, Crazy Al AND Tehani....

Tons of great art auctions and raffle prizes plus Dons food and cocktails....it will be a killer night !

D

We are seeing some pretty cool stuff for the auction and raffle. Any other artist going to give us peek at the goodies?

T

This is going to be a great event. Here is a lamp I have donated to the auction.

See ya Saturday!!

Awesome Tiki Pops...Thanx !

Up For Auction :

I'm putting up my original keyboard stand, which is a Bamboo Ben bar I used for several Tikiyaki shows early, back in the day.

The logo isnt on there anymore, but the tiki still is. Use it for a bar at parties etc or just a cool shelf for displaying your tiki collectibles.

Classic Bamboo Ben, fronted with Red Velvet....classy ! It will be signed by the whole band on the back.

This bar was my keyboard stand for a number of shows, including Tiki Invasion II, Bahooka, Don's etc.... It also appears in our "Mai Tais on the Moon" video.

Here is my donation piece for the Ed-A-Thon.

"Tiki Two Face"
Original drawing

I won't be able to make the event this Saturday. Hope you raise lots of money. Cheers!

Reminder,
I will be donating a DJ at the place of your choice/party/bar.
2 to 6 hours.

Jim should it be in a raffle or in a Auction?

Jeff(btd)

Just got back from Otto's...he has gladly donated a mug from 2009 Tiki Oasis

AND

A mug from 2010

For raffle/auction

NorCal representing :)

T

Here's another raffle item for Saturday, a "cocktail apron":

Perfect for either chef or bartender.

And don't forget to bid on the custom made, sewn-to-order dress on Saturday. Give 'til it hurts!

Val

On 2012-11-14 22:11, bigtikidude wrote:
Reminder,
I will be donating a DJ at the place of your choice/party/bar.
2 to 6 hours.

Jim should it be in a raffle or in a Auction?

Jeff(btd)

Up to you Jeff...raffle prizes are pretty much $30 or less...anything above that is for Auction.

Most generous , thanx !

Doug Horne - Stellar, as usual !
Val....great apron !
Otto....2 Mugs !!! Thanx !!!
Wow.....can't wait for Saturday.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2012-11-15 00:32 ]

D

As Jim stated above please print and bring your Pay Pal invoice, this is your ticket. This not only helps the volunteers at the door but speeds up the process of getting everyone in for the show.

After you check in, get a wrist band and find your seats you will be able view the items, buy your raffle tickets & place your bids in the Hidden Village.

If you can't make the event or would like to make a donation directly to Eddie go to: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=IjagFdBkK-c3WPFEVpVw42UGGuq7KhEnWBSurWQPh45-8SFFjJD2XpnGIoi&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d0b7e678a25d883d0fa72c947f193f8fd
WooHoo....Let's Show Eddie The Spirit of The Ohana! :)

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2012-11-15 11:07 ]

hey all,
i unfortunately am performing in palm springs on saturday and sunday and cannot get out of my commitments. i will unfortunately not be able to attend ed-a-thon. please do bid on the martini kings 7 pack of our best releases at ed-a-thon!. of course all proceeds help the cause.
eddie is a great cat so please pass all good vibes his way!
tony

Great items everyone, Jeremy and I are donating Tonga Hut Orange and Black Mug number 1 and and Green Number 1. This is a great event, the tonga Hut is proud to be part of it

Amy

T

Aloha everybody!

Here's some pics of what I'm creating for the event:

For the raffle, an 8x10 black paper drawing:

"Brain-blowin' Tiki Cocktail'
(The clouds bursting from the top of the tiki and the mug are supposed to look like brains)

Here are two pieces for the auction that are in the works now (glaze firing tomorrow, hope to have complete photos soon... here they are as bisque pieces)

"Brains!"
Zombie-skull mug with a brain-shaped lid.

Brain Bowl
There is a brain with two fire chamber eyeballs in the center.

See everybody on Saturday!

T

Sadly the glaze firing on both ceramic pieces was a disaster, with glaze flaking off left and right... trying to rescue the bowl, but prognosis is not looking good...

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2012-11-16 16:54 ]

T

We can't make the show but here's my donation to the raffle, a 12" x 18" signed & framed print:

On 2012-11-16 09:18, Tobor64 wrote:
We can't make the show but here's my donation to the raffle, a 12" x 18" signed & framed print:

wow....

On 2012-11-15 23:36, tobunga wrote:
Aloha everybody!

Here's some pics of what I'm creating for the event:

For the raffle, an 8x10 black paper drawing:

"Brain-blowin' Tiki Cocktail'
(The clouds bursting from the top of the tiki and the mug are supposed to look like brains)

Here are two pieces for the auction that are in the works now (glaze firing tomorrow, hope to have complete photos soon... here they are as bisque pieces)

"Brains!"
Zombie-skull mug with a brain-shaped lid.

Brain Bowl
There is a brain with two fire chamber eyeballs in the center.

See everybody on Saturday!

Awesome ! Tomorrow night folks !

T

Breaking news from the Christmas front: something new for Ed-A-Thon:

Don't be caught without Tiki Bob this holiday season.

Val

Pages: 1 2 3 128 replies