Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Orlando Tiki Centralites

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hey there everyone!
I have been checking out this sight for at least 5 years and love to randomly read the events, marketplace offerings, creating tiki, etc... and was wondering how I could go about finding any of you who are actually local to me? I would love to know of any hidden hot spots around town that you all hang out at or any random local gatherings that might come up.
I live in Orlando- & I'm sure a handfull of you all do too!
Of course we get the Hukilau here in Florida- but unfortunately, Fort Lauderdale is even too much of a drive for me-and it's just once a year!?! I've got 3 little ones in tow- and I've never been able to make it down to one- although- back in my heyday I was blessed enough to experience the Mai Kai! All my tiki dreams come true- If only we could all move in! :)
Anyways, if I'm missing something, like a local social forum for us Orlando tiki people - let me know- cause I haven't found it yet...
Thanks & LotsaTikiLove
Helene

Helene, unfortunately, the Orlando crowd isn't very active. Now if you want to drive a little bit over to little ole Brevard, you'll find a much more active scene. You can follow the activities on this thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42896&forum=4&16

The next event is a Bond-themed event on November 10. Hope you can make it.

There is also going to be a memorial open house for Wayne Coombs at the Mai Tiki studio in Cocoa Beach this Sunday. Great place to meet people. We are thinking of maybe having a gathering at The Storm Shelter afterwards.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=41257&forum=20&hilite=the%20storm%20shelter

And if you are on Facebook, we have a Brevard Tiki Facebook group where we organize all the various things going on in the area, including Orlando. We were just over there a couple of weeks ago for the Headhunter Holiday at the Peacock Room.

And if you are ever in Brevard, give me a holler and I'll open up The Storm Shelter for you. Always love to see new faces!

And there's a group going to the Disney Polynesian on Oct. 13. I can send you more info if you wish.

I would love more info on the Disney Polynesian / Oct. 13! I actually went to Ohana's for the first time over the summer for my birthday! That is definitely more possible for me - although I'd love to try and make it over for your Tiki night goes Bond! Sounds so cool!!! Thank you so much for replies!!! & please keep me updated if you hear of anything else!
LotsaTikiLove
Helene

Welcome to TC Helene....hope you can conjur up the local ohana and get some partying on at your own pad. Count yourself lucky to have experienced the Mai Kai...I can only imagine how awesome that place is.

I have post the event information on the Brevard Tiki Facebook page.

Polynesian? When?

Alfie, sent you a FB invite. And check the Brevard Tiki FB page for more info. I might be going.

Pages: 1 7 replies