Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Where on the Net can you buy Drink Mixes, Syrups etc...

Pages: 1 17 replies

And I am not talking about Trader Vics. Any website out there with an ungodly amount on stuff. Also some places to buy different RUMS. Thanks.

Here is a place I found on the net that has a HUGE selection of rums, and some of them quite expensive. I haven't used them yet, but probably will in the future. Seems around here about all the rum I can find is Myers and Bacardi.
http://www.internetwines.com/spirits-rumtemplate.html

Give BevMo a try. I'm not sure how their mail order/internet ordering is but I get most of my supplies at their stores, even Orget syrup.
http://www.bevmo.com/
Aloha,
:tiki:

[ Edited by: Tiki Royale on 2003-06-24 17:22 ]

There has GOT to be a place for all the Non-Alchoholic Mixer stuff! Doesn't there? Okay... Maybe not.
I had high hopes for BevMo and was, sadly, disappointed. Is there anything I could be typing into Google other than Drink Mix, Cocktail Mix, Cocktail Mixers or other stuff along those lines? Those tend to get responses like "Margarita Mix" and "Bloody Mary Mix."
I live in a state in which Liquor Stores are allowed, by law, to sell only Liquor and Wine. Mixers you have to get from a Convenience or Grocery Store for the most part. I'm sure you can imagine the exciting varieties they offer, eh?
I don't mind ordering online, but it sure would be nice to be able to order Falernum, Orange Bitters, Orgeat and Passionfruit Syrup from the same place at the same time.

[ Edited by: Traitor Vic on 2003-06-24 23:40 ]

[ Edited by: Traitor Vic on 2003-06-24 23:42 ]

It's all good at Sam's Wine, and hey -- you can check it out in person when you go to Exotica 2003:

http://www.samswine.com/homepage.asp

Aloha,

Vic

DZ

I can vouch for "Internetwines.com" - they are my connection for Martinique Rum St. James. (I'm up to buying them 3 bottles at a time now...) Huge selection, & decent prices on the harder-to-find rums, but kinda overpriced on the stuff you can usually get at your local liquor store. Easy to order & fast shipping, too!

I just received my order from kegworks.com and am very happy. I had to order Falernum because I couldn't find it anywhere in the Ann Arbor area. They carry most of the Fee Brothers line. In addition to Falernum, I also ordered Passion Fruit Syrup.

We sell Fresh Island premium mix for excellent drinks. The mixes are BIG boxes and shelf stable (means I can sent it regular mail and you can put it in your pantry.

Fresh Island mixes have, up till now, been used solely in high end commercial places- think restaurants and bars.

As far as mix, we have Strawberry, Mai Tai, Pina Colada, Banana, Mango, Raspberry, Key Lime Lemonade, Bloody Mary Mix and Margarita. I can sell in singles, party packs (two 64 oz cartons) or by the case. We can do a mixed case should you want. Mixes are real fruit puree', no artificial preservatives, no to low sodium and 100% Vitamin C. The beauty for me, as a home user, is that I don't have to thaw out these cartons before using them.

From time to time I post on eBay under userid One_fat_frog. My phone is 407.936.2733 for net sales.

[ Edited by: OneFatFrog 2007-11-07 08:33 ]

S

Pricing? I'm especially curious about a One-Of-Each pricing.

Also, can you list the exact ingredients from the Pina Colada?

M

I just hope they are free of the juice from Satan's testicle sweat: High Fructose Corn Syrup.

That garbage should be illegal.

S

I have been on a serious rant against HFCS lately. Everything I buy at the store gets checked now. And I've been hunting down sodas and mixers made with cane sugar and natural flavors. Even the worst of these is still better than the crap made with HFCS. Though they are generally a lot more expensive due to them being made by small-batch brewers.

Amazingly, so far my favorite is Polar's Vanilla Cream Soda. But I guess they make 2 kinds, one with HFCS and one with cane sugar. The cane sugar one is the best I've found, and I've tried 7 or 8 different vanilla cream sodas made with cane sugar (and 0 with HFCS). I have, so far, collected 4 different ginger ales made with cane sugar and one of these nights I'm going to do a taste test and compare them to Schweppes, Canada Dry, and Seagrams.

Life is too short to drink HFCS. Blech.

M

The cash-n-carry by Blair's house in Portland here carries Coca Cola in bottles from Mexico. Made with cane sugar. No HFCS. It's amazing plain and as a mixer.

RB

Craig, what's the name and/or address of that cash-n-carry? I love the taste of Coca-Cola, but I also am trying to get rid of HFCS out of my bar and kitchen. Tried some Boylan's cane cola http://www.boylanbottling.com/ but I don't like it as much as Coke.

M

On 2007-11-08 07:48, Rum Balls wrote:
Craig, what's the name and/or address of that cash-n-carry? I love the taste of Coca-Cola, but I also am trying to get rid of HFCS out of my bar and kitchen. Tried some Boylan's cane cola http://www.boylanbottling.com/ but I don't like it as much as Coke.

It's the one next to Portland Meadows in N Portland:

910 N Hayden Meadows Drive
Portland, OR 97217

They're even open on Sunday!

RB

Thanks Craig!

My local Costco has Coca Cola in the classic bottles from Mexico, they are advertising it as made with pure cane sugar.

TG

On 2007-11-07 11:34, Scottes wrote:
I have been on a serious rant against HFCS lately. Everything I buy at the store gets checked now. And I've been hunting down sodas and mixers made with cane sugar and natural flavors. Even the worst of these is still better than the crap made with HFCS. Though they are generally a lot more expensive due to them being made by small-batch brewers.

Amazingly, so far my favorite is Polar's Vanilla Cream Soda. But I guess they make 2 kinds, one with HFCS and one with cane sugar. The cane sugar one is the best I've found, and I've tried 7 or 8 different vanilla cream sodas made with cane sugar (and 0 with HFCS). I have, so far, collected 4 different ginger ales made with cane sugar and one of these nights I'm going to do a taste test and compare them to Schweppes, Canada Dry, and Seagrams.

Life is too short to drink HFCS. Blech.

Grrrrrrrr! Don't get me started!

Too late.

Back in the 50's and early 60's Coke tasted like Coke, Dr. Pepper (my favorite) tasted like Dr. Pepper, and Squirt (close second) tasted like Squirt. Now they all suck.

I remember when the news came out that they were going to change the formula for Coke. It didn't mean anything to me then, but when they switched to HFCS the difference was like daydream and nightmare. I didn't realize until many years later that they had replaced the sugar with HFCS to cut costs. They also messed with other parts of the formula, rendering their new drink a cola product that didn't taste anything like Coca-Cola, but had the legal rights to be peddled under that name.

As far as I know, Coke was the first to go that route. I suppose that the other soda companies followed suit when they realized that Coke was still making money hand over fist even though the quality of the soda declined drastically. If Coke could get away with it, why not them, too. All of the sodas got ruined that way. All seem to have altered their formulas in other ways as well.

We have a lot of international supermarkets around here, some with huge Hispanic sections. There you can get Coke, Pepsi, Squirt, and other sodas made in Mexico. Unfortunately, even though they have sugar instead of HFCS, their formulae have changed to the point that they still don't taste anything like (or nearly as good as) the way they were in the 50's and 60's. Even so, it's better than having to put up with HFCS.

When I first started buying Mexican soda, I was hoping that the original flavors would be retained. I remember in the 60's and 70's long after they stopped making "real" Coca-Cola in the US, when I was living in and traveling throughout parts of South (Colombia and Venezuela) and Central (Panamá) America the Coke there still tasted like "real" Real Thing. The Mexican version tastes like the US version except for the sugar. It makes me wonder if in other parts of Latin America where they have independent Coca-Cola enterprises and factories one might be able to find soda with the formulae used 5 decades ago.

There is also a Mexican version of Squirt, but it doesn't taste anything like "real" Squirt. It is in the same boat with their Coca-Cola. Fortunately, there is a Squirt substitute that tastes pretty much exsactly like "real" Squirt. That substitute is Ting from Jamaica.

As far as syrups go, strangely Amazon will have most of em.

Yer sodas?
sodafinder.com
These guys rock, my Hot Dog place is gonna have 200 different Pops (75 of them Root Beer) which is a WHOLE nuther can o' beans to it's self, and I found a great deal of my brands through them. I just started getting aholt of distributors after that.
Laffo

Pages: 1 17 replies