Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

"Hawaiian Hi-Fi" radio station on the air at Live365.com

Pages: 1 11 replies

K

Well, the whole process seemed much easier than I was anticipating, and "Hawaiian Hi-Fi" is on the air at Live365.com...a station featuring a playlist (about 10 1/2 hours worth) of selections from my all-vinyl Hawaiian collection. About 2,300 LPs of island recording artists, lounge acts, mainland/overseas easy listening orchestras & vocalists, steel guitar and a bit of exotica.
At least this way, I can share the collection with those who might enjoy all this in both it's authenticity AND it's kitschiness. I plan on changing the playlist once a month.

http://www.live365.com/stations/kaiwaza

It's free to listen and the songs are upload at a low enough bit rate to accommodate those w/o broadband, too.
I also created a Facebook "Like" page that will feature some LP record covers, liner notes, and other Hawaiian Record related ephemera.

http://www.facebook.com/HawaiianHiFiOnLive365Radio

Enjoy.

Paradise is a state of mind.

[ Edited by: Kaiwaza 2012-09-21 00:08 ]

Listening to it now!
Cool, thanks very much!

C

Nice collection. Sadly though I'm not all that fond of web-restricted radio as I generally stick my music feeds into my linux box and jam the day away. Its a shame, Live365 used to provide normal feeds.

M
Murph posted on Fri, Sep 21, 2012 9:57 PM

Love it! Listening now.

Thanks

A nice Sunday morning soundtrack here in un-exotic Bavaria. I appreciate your sense of humor mixed with your dedication to the genre that comes through in the selection - Mahalo :)

K

Thanks for the comments, folks. Sense of humour? WhatEVER do you mean? :) I actually love it all..the good, the bad & the ugly.

FM

It took a bit of Google-fu and light hackery, but try this in your favorite web music player.

http://www.live365.com/play/373503

For example, in iTunes choose Advanced ––> Open Stream....
Paste the link and click okay. Voila!

• fm

(Or you could, ya know, just click the link)

Turns out they broke the link, so I fixed it but I suspect it will continue to be a moving target. Send me a PM if it breaks again.
[ Edited by: fez monkey 2012-10-03 20:51 ]

[ Edited by: fez monkey 2013-03-24 18:51 ]

Listened to your station at work today. Keep the tunes coming!

Great station! Thanks for sharing all those albums with us. Based on my listening experience my guess is that Pandora has about five albums of this genre.

[ Edited by: TropicDrinkBoy 2013-03-20 18:28 ]

K

Thanks everyone! The response on Live365 has been quite good & supportive. Yes, Pandora is quite limited in what is available & while I know there aren't THOUSANDS of people out there just dying to hear old Hawaiian records...those of us that love them, really love them...:)Plus, I know actually COLLECTING thousands of LPs isn't everyone's cup of tea either, but they may enjoy listening in once in a while.

Paradise is a state of mind.

[ Edited by: Kaiwaza 2013-03-20 20:42 ]

Just downloaded the Live365 app for my iPhone. I've got you in the car now!

Magnificent! I love this programming. I play a fair amount of Hawaiian music on my radio show (see the playlists posted on this thread), but there is a limit to what is available on CD (my preferred recorded music medium). Keep up the good work and thank you for making working at my computer infinitely more pleasurable.

Pages: 1 11 replies