Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Struck Gold at Kirkland's

Pages: 1 11 replies

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Kirkland's (a home decorating store), but I found some great stuff. I sure hope it is ok to post these pics.

I walked in just to look around for ideas for my future Tiki Room, and found the following wall plaques (measure about 4x6) and a bunch of Pineapple Candles (about 6" tall). The plaques were $14 for a set of 4 and the candles were $.97 each. They also had all their "Pacific Paradise" items on clearance. The pacific paradise design is colorful parrots and greenery. I picked up the entire collection (over $300 worth) for just $65. If you are looking for some fun decor, you might want to check them out.

I'm happy and now I have a definate theme for my Tiki room.

[ Edited by: littlegiles on 2003-06-24 16:52 ]

[ Edited by: littlegiles on 2003-06-24 16:52 ]

C

Those plaques are very cool. Never heard of Kirkland's. :(

Say, are you going back there anytime soon?
:)

I would go back and pick you up a set, but I didn't see any more. The store specializes in clearance and that kind of stuff. They also carry a bunch of neat East Indies stuff if you are into wild animals and elephants. They have a Tiki Face Birdhouse on their site, but I didn't see it in the store.

Here is their website if you want to look around it. They also have a store locator on their site.

http://www.kirklands.com

Hey, Those plaques look like the same images that were on some plates and mugs I saw at Kohls recently (on sale). Is it possible that the mainstreamization of tiki is already on it's way out?

M

I didn't find those plaques, but there is a pretty swell looking tiki birdhouse...

http://www.kirklands.com/shop/product.asp?x=955411176&item=056337&dept=003&class=2201

Matt

yeah Spy-Tiki, they were at our local Kohl's as well as local Aaron Bros. stores. I received the "Zombie" one as a gift.

D

Thanks Littlegiles! We have a Kirkland's here and I stopped by today after work and got a set. They were 14.99 like you said but the candles were 2.99 on clearance so I passed on those. I appreciate the info dearly...

I'm so glad people are having luck with link I provided. You have all been so helpful with my questions, and I have learned so much from reading past posts. It feels good to be able to help out. Now I just have to find me some inexpensive tikis and I'm well on my way.

D

Just got done hanging them, if someone is seriously wanting some let me know they had afew left. And as for Littlegiles, with you trying to build on your collection- I found word of mouth and letting people know. Before you know it people have tiki stuff somewhere in their house and/or when they're out and about they look for ya. I do the thrift store shopping all the time but the hunt is a hunt but well worth seeing a tiki or a relic when you do come across so good luck. I also built up some of my collection on ebay too.

I have the zombie plaque from Ebay ($10), but never found the other two I like (Pina Colada and Mai Tai. There are no Kirlands in CA.

I have the zombie plaque from Ebay ($10), but never found the other two I like (Pina Colada and Mai Tai. There are no Kirlands in CA.

S

Found mine at the local JO-ANNS Fabric store here in Tampa.

Pages: 1 11 replies