Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

500 posts!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Well, it's taken almost 8 years, but I've finally reached 500 posts. I was absent for quite a long time due to a death in the family and general inactivity, and I missed a LOT. It's really nice to be back on TC on a somewhat daily basis.

I got to meet a lot of you at my first Tiki Oasis this year, and some of you may have even been fortunate enough to catch Crazy Al pounding a nail into my face during the room crawls. It was an amazing trip, and I hope to be the first of many to tiki events.

Tiki Central has been such a wonderful resource for me over the years: inspiration, a marketplace, somewhere to help me get boozy, and a source of friendship.

Here's to preserving the past, and shaping the future. Thank you all.

-Lucky

PS - I wouldn't be much of a showman if I didn't mention my act. Go check it out over on Facebook. You'll be able to catch it in person at the New and Improved! Hot Rod Hula Hop next year. I'll attending Hukilau and Ohana on the Lake as well. I hope to meet even more of you there!

500 posts? n00b.

Glad you made it back and congrats on your posting benchmark.

Catch you at TO next year! :lol:

Damn straight you will, Mike!

thePourpose:

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2012-09-28 11:22 ]

HT

Ohhhhhhhhhh. I never noticed the Ohana section. Huh. See what happens when you're gone for so long?

HT

Things I noticed while going through old posts:

I wrote like an idiot. It's funny, because I had excellent diction then.

I said this:
"How much are they, retail? I'm curious, because I've never seen one go at under 50, and I really want one, but I really top out around $30 for a single mug. Just curious."

Apparently, in 2005, the most I would spend for a single mug was $30. Seven years apparently ads an extra 0 to that.

The old timers, as referenced in another thread under general tiki, were really quite nice to me and guided me along the way.

Thanks again TC.

Pages: 1 6 replies