Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Bartending error results in new drink?...

Pages: 1 6 replies

Scenario: 90% of the way through mixing a Suffering Bastard.

Problem: "Honey, where's the Ginger Ale?"

Solution: "What the hell, I'll substitute this Red Bull instead..."

Result: Raving Bastard(?)

Not sure about this one yet. Might need a few more samples to form opinion....

Aloha,

Vic

Ahhh the oops factor - Came up with a new one last night on my own. Well I think it was. Sittin around watching the show Beach House where Sunny Garcia, the 5 time triple crown winner, punch's everyone. Great promo for the surfing culture and Hawaiians in general.

One serving - 1 oz Appleton Rum 1/2 oz Malibu Rum, 1/2 oz Cointreu, 4 oz OJ, 1/2 oz Orgeat and splash of Grenadine for color. Kind of a Mai Tai but a little different. I will call it, ahhhh, Pacific Andy's or how about Sunny Punch

Vegas Vic, I'll have to give the Raving Bastard a try some time. Whiskey, Gin, something else & Red Bull. That sounds like the perfect drink for those nights when you're looking to wreak havoc of some sort.

I accidentally stumbled upon my own concoction the other day. It's a bastardization of Trader Vic's Mai Tai recipe when I ran out of fresh lime juice, regular curacao, and Demerara rum. The combination of the blue curacao and sweetened lime juice turns the whole drink a zany bright-green color.

The Martian Mai Tai

3/4 oz fresh lime juice
3/4 oz Rose's Sweetend Lime Juice
1/2 oz Blue Curacao
1/2 oz orgeat syrup
1 oz Meyer's Jamaican Rum
1 oz Cruzan's Coconut Rum

Serve in a double old-fashioned glass with 4 ice cubes, and spent lime shell. Garnish with mint spring and green marischino cherry.

If only I could have it brought out to the table by an old-school Star Trek green babe in a silver bikini. Just like the Mystery Drink Ritual girls only sci-fi-ified.

Cheers,

Cowtown Kahuna

[ Edited by: Cowtown Kahuna on 2003-06-26 09:21 ]

[ Edited by: Cowtown Kahuna on 2003-06-26 09:22 ]

[ Edited by: Cowtown Kahuna on 2003-06-26 09:22 ]

On 2003-06-26 08:59, Pacific Andy wrote:
Ahhh the oops factor

Yes, the ooops factor created one of my favorite drinks - Ray's Mistake.

T

Is there a drink in Jeff Berry's books that is close to a Ray's Mistake?

P

I was aksing Jeff Berry about his attempts to figure out the Ray's Mistake last time I saw him at Tiki Ti. It doesn't sound like he's any closer to figuring it out than I am.

The Martian Mai Tai sounds great. I can see it as one of the drinks at the Quarks Bar at the Star Trek Experience in Vegas, a little dry ice thrown in to give it the Smoking Eruption effect (or as they call it there, the Warp Core Breach).

T

On 2005-12-12 21:01, PiPhiRho wrote:
I was aksing Jeff Berry about his attempts to figure out the Ray's Mistake last time I saw him at Tiki Ti. It doesn't sound like he's any closer to figuring it out than I am.

Thanks PiPhiRho, that is good to know.

I've read that a Ray's Mistake is made with lime juice, passion fruit, "secret sauce" and dark rum and that he was trying to make an Anting Anting. I haven't seen a recipe for an Anting Anting in any of Jeff Berry's books or on the Internet. Does anyone have one?

Pages: 1 6 replies