Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Moruzzi's Classic Dining Book Launch November 10th

Pages: 1 10 replies

You and your friends are invited to Pete Moruzzi's Book Launch / Slide Talk for "Classic Dining: Discovering America's Finest Mid-Century Restaurants" When: Saturday, November 10th. 7 - 9pm Where: Wacko. 4633 Hollywood Boulevard (323) 663-0122 And it's Free! There will be exciting hors d'oeuvres and mesmerizing cocktails provided by several of the book's classic restaurants!

http://petermoruzzi.com/2012/09/30/moruzzis-classic-dining-book-launch-nov-10th/

Bump!

Great book. I got mine a couple weeks back here in Palm Springs. Great information from Peter and great photos and tiki history from Sven.

Congrats and have fun,

W

This is gonna be fun. Pete usually asks Jeff Berry to create a cocktail for the event.

When: Saturday, November 10th. 7 – 9pm
Where: Wacko. 4633 Hollywood Boulevard (323) 663-0122

Here are some of my photos for the book:

Exterior of the Mai Kai

A rapt audience, Mai Kai floor show

The Golden Steer, Las Vegas

The proud owners of the Golden Steer

The Oyster Bar at Grand Central Station, N.Y.

Nice! will see you there!

Jimmy
jimmypsycho.com

T

We're going too!

Here's an update about the offerings from some classic L.A. eateries available at the event! :

• Delicious sliders courtesy Tam O'Shanter restaurant
  • Blood and Sand cocktails courtesy the Dresden Room
  • Decorative Lawry's seasoned salt & pepper metal caddies customized for book launch courtesy Lawry's the Prime Rib for first 50 attendees

Wish I wuz there - saw Sabu, A-frame, Al, Boris and Poly Pop in Naomi's photos - thanks for the support! :)

And now hear this:

Author Pete Moruzzi returns to the Mai Kai December 13th for a slide presentation and book signing
(Special extended Happy Hour!)

TM

Classic!

Pages: 1 10 replies