Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Halloween Mug Swap is a go! Join up by Oct 15th!

Pages: 1 2 88 replies

So, I might be foolish to volunteer, but...
It feels like it's time for another mug swap and since SandraDee said the last one was her last one, I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Theoretically names would be swapped by October 15th with packages to ship by October 31st.

IF enough people are interested I'll post the standard rules and get it started.

*It looks like enough people are interested so let's get started!
Here we go kids, back by popular demand we are swapping again!

Please submit names by October 15.
You will receive your trader's name by October 20
You need to send your swap NO LATER THAN October 30
The timeframe is tight, but I hope that works in my favor sinced it's my first!

"THE RULES, AS BEFORE (thanks SandraDee):

IF YOU HAVE NEVER SWAPPED BEFORE :

1. Please pm me your address

2. You need at least 10 posts on this forum to swap. If we don't even know who you are than how is anyone going to send anything to you? Take some time to join in the discussions and swap next time if you are that new of a member

IF YOU HAVE SWAPPED BEFORE:

1. Please do NOT pm me your address unless you have moved in the past few months (I will be getting all info from SandraDee)

General Rules:

Swaps are secret so once you get a name you do not tell everyone who you got

Never post on here that you have sent your box--if everyone follows this rule I can update the thread with who can expect packages on a daily basis--if you post you sent then it may not be that big of a surprise

Enter as many times as you like

Send what you would like to get. As in no broken/damaged items or Harvey's bucket mugs.

I'm interested.

U

PP

Put me in for two swaps. Thanks for volunteering.

S

I fully support Pittsburgh Pauly taking on the swapping..time to pass the torch I say :)

I haven't done one before, but I'm certainly curious enough to give it a go.

Fire it up!

--Pete

i am in.

T

On 2012-10-03 18:11, SandraDee wrote:
I fully support Pittsburgh Pauly taking on the swapping..time to pass the torch I say :)

Was worried that the timeline seemed a little rushed... but if SandraDee says "oui!" that's good enough fer me! (and all that rhymes!)

I'm down fer a swap... count me in, s'il vous plaît!

HT

Paul, we'll have to mention this to the other Pittsburgh Ohana. I'm in.

Sounds good to me. Wendy - danlovestikis

On 2012-10-04 00:10, tobunga wrote:

On 2012-10-03 18:11, SandraDee wrote:

Was worried that the timeline seemed a little rushed... but if SandraDee says "oui!" that's good enough fer me! (and all that rhymes!)

I'm down fer a swap... count me in, s'il vous plaît!

You may want to consider making it a Thanksgiving swap, will give you lots more time to get folks involved and organized.

DC

Why should I miss one now? I'm in.

On 2012-10-04 19:57, Dustycajun wrote:

You may want to consider making it a Thanksgiving swap, will give you lots more time to get folks involved and organized.

DC

[Canadian]Lot's more time? Are you kidding? Thanksgiving is THIS weekend![/Canadian]

I realize that it's a short timeframe.
With it being my first swap to organize I thought that might be a plus.
I'd only have to wrangle a dozen or two, and see if I'd want to continue with it :wink:

PD

I'm in for x1

But only if peeps are happy to ship to the UK.

(I know the addition $$$ shipping have caused problems with some swapees).

I'd ship to England home of my ancestors. Wendy

HT

Only 8 more days!

Don't know that I've missed a swap, so count me in! Also don't know why anyone would think more time would make it less work- close it on the 15th and we'll mail 'em before our Day of the Dead parties!

This note to new swappers is usually added: This is a tiki mug swap. You send one tiki mug; you receive one tiki mug. You are not required to send more than one mug, you are not required to include other related tiki/bar/retro related items, but many do just to add to the fun.

HT

On 2012-10-09 02:33, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
Don't know that I've missed a swap, so count me in! Also don't know why anyone would think more time would make it less work- close it on the 15th and we'll mail 'em before our Day of the Dead parties!

This note to new swappers is usually added: This is a tiki mug swap. You send one tiki mug; you receive one tiki mug. You are not required to send more than one mug, you are not required to include other related tiki/bar/retro related items, but many do just to add to the fun.

Ah, yes, Pauly, perhaps an Official Rules post would be in order?

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2012-10-09 04:24 ]

S

Paul I sent you the master name spreadsheet, if you have any questions let me know!

Here are the basic rules that are posted before most swaps.

General Rules:

Swaps are secret so once you get a name you do not tell everyone who you got

Never post on here that you have sent your box--if everyone follows this rule I can update the thread with who can expect packages on a daily basis--if you post you sent then it may not be that big of a surprise

Enter as many times as you like

Send what you would like to get. As in no broken/damaged items or Harvey's bucket mugs.

G

I'm in.

Gabbahey

I had updated the original post to include SandraDee's rules from previous swaps but I must've missed that part. I've corrected that now.
I also changed the title and have updated the list of swappers to this point!

SandraDee and Dusty Cajaun you've both commented but haven't thrown your hats in the ring, are you in? (c'mon, say "yes")

And thanks SD I got the spreadsheet!

Not this time around Paul!

Count me in!

Cheers!

Bob

Ok I am in, BOOOOOOOOO!

DC

HT

Sweet. I've got a case of Harvey's buckets just sitting there. snicker

Actually, I've got about 50 Benihana Mugs. I feel like I should make a "Terra Cotta Army" out of them in my garden next year.

On 2012-10-11 07:14, Hale Tiki wrote:
Sweet. I've got a case of Harvey's buckets just sitting there. snicker

Actually, I've got about 50 Benihana Mugs. I feel like I should make a "Terra Cotta Army" out of them in my garden next year.

I thought the same thing, even though the terra cotta warriors are Chinese, when I saw a shelf of the Benihana mugs at a local Japanese supermarket.

Bump!

Benihana mugs aren't tiki! Say it three times. Benihana mugs aren't tiki. Benihana mugs aren't tiki. Benihana mugs aren't tiki.

I am SO going to send my swapee a Benihana mug... plus another mug...

HT

Bongo, if I get you I'll send ten! And a real mug. Hahahaha.

Tomorrow!!!

On 2012-10-10 19:17, Dustycajun wrote:
Ok I am in, BOOOOOOOOO!

DC

If that's the mug you're swapping, I'm making sure you get my name DC!
lol

HT

Last day, folks. Registration closes at midnight, pacific standard time.

Alright folks, the we're past the cut-off. I'll get everyone's swap partners to them today (hopefully).
Thanks for joining in!

WooHoo!
Names have been sent.
Let me know if there's any questions and/or issues!
Fingers crossed that I didn't gum things up.

Ragbag Comics yours is on the way!

Sweet!

We got more shelves up in the kitchen last weekend; Now we
got a buncha space in the main room we've been itchin' to fill...

--Pete

Sideshow Bob, yours is headed your way!

If anyone wants to share your ooga-mooga profile, if it doesn't match your handle here (like mine is spelled with an "ie" in Pauly) let me know and I'll get it to your swap partner.
Of course, you can also tie your accounts together and then every TC post shows a link to your OM!
Thusly:

[ Edited by: Pittsburgh pauly 2012-10-18 10:33 ]

U

Great Idea! Mahalo

Ukutiki you have one on the way!

Yesterday was the target date for shipping and few more have gone out:

Danlovestikis
Exquisite corpse
Tikilongbeach
Hale Tiki

Keep your eyes peeled.

Everyone who hadn't shipped lets get them out!
Thanks!

U

Received my swap from Bongo Bungalow and there were two great mugs that are new additions to my collection: a Westwood W-4 mug and a Al Harrington handled yellow Ku mug. Mahalo!!

Glad they arrived safely Ukutiki! I had to choose carefully to find a couple you don't already have! (Thank you Ooga-Mooga.) And I just couldn't send you a Benehana mug, seeing you've got plenty! Enjoy!

Slacks Ferret yours is on the way!
DustyCajun keep your eyes peeled!

On 2012-10-22 19:56, ukutiki wrote:
Received my swap from Bongo Bungalow and there were two great mugs that are new additions to my collection: a Westwood W-4 mug and a Al Harrington handled yellow Ku mug. Mahalo!!

NICE! Our first arrival. Thanks for posting pics Ukutiki!
I'm such a sucker for Westwood!

Bongo, yours is heading your way!

Ukutiki, thank you very much for my mugs, swizzles and candle! I didn't have any bucket or peanut mugs so I was very happy to receive those. The swizzle sticks are from the Fraternal Order of Moai and Luau at the Lake if you can't tell from the pictures. I'm very happy with my swap swag!

U

TikiLB

Someone leaked the info that you didn't have either of those mugs. Enjoy.

Pages: 1 2 88 replies