Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Please Help tropicali*honey

Pages: 1 7 replies

Aloha. For those of you who know tropicali*honey, she could really use your help. You may not know for the past almost 2 years her husband, Joe, has been battling heart cancer; one of the rarest forms of cancer in the world. Yesterday, he lost that battle and passed away at the very young age of 44. Leaving not only Honey, but their three year old son and his over 90 year old father that they had been taking care of.

Honey, their son, Brixton and Joe’s father, Frank, could use a little help right now. Not that they would ever ask for it, but I know that they do. They are an amazingly strong family who are near and dear to my heart. They haven't given up since Joe was diagnosed in Jan 2011 and they have remained incredibly resilient through all of this. My heart aches for them. Especially knowing Brixton, who hasn't even celebrated his 4th birthday, yet, will now be growing up without his father.

Honey has been one of my best and longest friends after we meet our freshmen year of high school. As much as I would like to go over to their house to help with meals, clean, watch Brixton and anything else that is needed, they are in the state of Texas after relocating there last year for specialized cancer treatment. Since I am not able to be there in person, I set up this fundraiser with Honey’s permission to help the Skivolocke’s through this incredibly hard time. I am turning to all of our friends and family to help raise funds for the Skivolocke Family. I ask each of you to please make a donation. To share this fundraiser with as many people as you know. Please, help out this wonderful family who has been through so much over the past, almost 2 years, and still has so much more to go through. Any amount will help.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. We could all use a little help sometimes. Right now is the time that the Skivolocke Family could use our help. If you would like to make a donation or help me share their fundraiser with others, please visit their fundraiser page here: http://fundly.com/help-the-skivolocke-family

Tiki Kupcake please pass our condolences on to your friends for all of us at Tiki Central
you may want to start a paypal donation account with a "no limit dollar amount"
so others can contribute what ever they can afford....

Thanks. Do you think I need to set up an additional PayPal account on top of the fundraiser set up that's posted above? I've only had 2 ppl who didn't make a donation directly to the site. Those 2 sent gifts to my personal Paypal and then I manually entered in their donations to the fundraiser. I actually have a second fundraiser going for them, too donanting all profits from my business through the end of October to them. I just didnt post about that one here. However, I'd be happy to direct anyone interested in that fundraiser to the information. I'm all for adding something else, as well, if needed, though.

Also, if anyone wants to send them anything, PM me and I'll give you my address. I'll make sure they get everything.

You can change the amount on the information page to any amount you wish to donate as long as it is at least $10. Just highlight the amount and type in the amount you wish to donate.

Thanks, MaukaHale, for explaining that.

Bump ~ I have a soft spot for people who die young from cancer :(

Thank you so much for your condolences...Cancer is horrible and I am grateful for all the support xoxoxo

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/179923/Obituary_Artist_and_mentor_Joe_Skivolocke.php#.UIp-qsVh3Sg

Pages: 1 7 replies