Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

WITCO Tiki Bar from The Tiki's in Monterey Park, CA - $350

Pages: 1 0 replies

Back in July, there was a post about a WITCO tiki bar, from, The Tiki's, in Monterey Park, CA. It was posted on TC and Los Angeles Craigslist.
I ended up purchasing the bar with intent to restore it, but, it's just sitting here, not getting the love it deserves.
It now resides at my office in Pasadena, CA.
For me, it's way too extensive of a restoration project and I don't have the time to fix her up, so I wanted to bring her to the community.
Best cash offer with local pick-up gets her.

The stools are super solid and just needs a few orange oil rub downs.
I'm not sure about restoring the bar, as I've never tried to fix any WITCO in this condition.
Please have a look at the pics and address any questions or concerns, that I might not have addressed.

Additional information:

• the side posts come out
  • the head is broken on one of the side posts
  • one of the inner shelves is missing
  • I'm not sure what went in between the masks on the front of the bar
  • the bar top and bottom come off, they both have sun damage, and the top is cracked and has a red paint spot.
  • I don't think it's suppossed to come apart like it does, but it'll make for easier transport

The original owner was a former employee of The Tiki's, who lived down the street from the bar. When it was being demolished in the 70's, the bar was sitting in the parking lot. He asked for it, and it was given to him. Apparently, he was getting ready to throw it away and the seller from Rosemead stumbled across it. If I remember correctly, he was a family friend of the owner, and it was given to him.

I was referred to the Rosemead seller from a TCer and purchased it just after he posted the bar on TC and Craigslist.

Thanks for looking!

[ Edited by: TikiRootsRocka 2012-10-31 15:48 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies