Temple of Doom Tiki Mug--Cursed Tikis

Pages: 1 2 51 replies

Temple of doom is ready..
those who had pre-orders PM me with with confermation

Limited to 75 with lid
100 each + 15 to ship

Stand 12" tall and holds 24 oz of Hooch,..My biggest mug yet

all low numbers are gone, Numbers start at 63

FacesPlace PM me, you got number 1 :) i need your shipping address.
woooo hooooo..............

Im working on the Scooboo doo Tiki Ti..hope to have it in time for Sanny clause

Chris got your order.. please PM me your full name and Address.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Very evil looking. I have added a lot of evil guys to my collection lately so will pass on this one. Nice job though!!!

Thanks Vamp your always the best..and the coolest...

It's cool you're selling more mugs...
Now you can pay me back.

tikichef Let Me Know how your post is running in your Area...Hope the storm passed you by, I'll gladly hold your order until things are in the norm...just PM or call...WD

So are you just going to ignore strangedaisy?

On 2012-11-03 20:35, 4WDtiki wrote:

Yep, he'll also ignore your message as well.

S

On 2012-11-04 21:01, strangedaisy wrote:

On 2012-11-03 20:35, 4WDtiki wrote:

Yep, he'll also ignore your message as well.

I've seen quite a few people leave comments about having issues with this member/seller and cannot understand why people continue to deal with him. I'm curious to see if he'll ignore my response also.

P.S. It could be just coincidence but i'm wondering if "The Witch Doctor" and "White Devil" are the same person (same initials). White Devil seems to be the only person who defends him.

P.S. It could be just coincidence but i'm wondering if "The Witch Doctor" and "White Devil" are the same person (same initials). White Devil seems to be the only person who defends him.

Hakalugi confirmed that "James Walker" was a fake account created by Witch Doctor, used to hype up his racist Obama mug, so I wouldn't put it past him.

HT

That's it!

I'm tired of the debates over racism dominating topics on TC. It's annoying. I come here for tiki, not mindless bickering. Tiki=escapism. I will say my peace, and challenge anyone to argue with it. Pop Tiki Culture is, by it's very nature, racist. White Americans (Vic, Don) co-opted non-white cultures for their own profit, creating their own spin, which, at times, could be racist. No, it's not all racist, and most tiki purists have the utmost respect for the original cultures, HOWEVER, there are quite a few racist instances in Tiki Culture. I won't go into all of them, but I will list a few. Back to my original point, please read the following, then leave the political debates and personal attacks off TC. Please.

1. There is nothing racist about the sculpt. Not even big ears. Political cartoonists often give him big ears and big lips. Nothing. It's not spot on, but it's a pretty damn good likeness.
    1a. The Politiki mugs weren't exactly flattering. Carter had giant teeth and Reagan has a ball chin.
  2. Making a black person into a shrunken head isn't racist. The Jivaro weren't black. They were/are South American. And unless you want to debate the validity of the theory of continental drift, then there's no connection between the Jivaro and Africa. The style of the sculpt is distinctly Jivaro. Though many other cultures did make shrunken heads.
  3. Jungle Juice. Favorite drink of college fraternities for a very long time. Also, using a different recipe, a drink enjoyed by the Zen Tiki Lounge. (ZTL 260) What's that? I guess that must make ZTL racists. Or, or, perhaps Jungle Juice is a common drink, served by many bars, with a long history. I'm told Vic had a version, but I don't have any of my books in front of me to point to an exact page. And there's a Vegas tiki bar that still serves it! (Turned up in google, I don't feel like finding it again, but can, if someone wants to see which one it is.) And traditionally, Jungle Juice is made with bottom shelf ingredients. (Which may be racist in the origin of the drink/punch. I have no idea, to be honest.) And guess what, peoples of all colors live in jungles.
  4. Fu Manchu (drink and mug), Trader Vic's Kona Grog Mug (I have one, the lips are large), Trader Vic's paper placemats, logos, cartoons, illustrations, drink names...there are a lot of examples.
  5. Sven: "A fascination with the exotic is part of the western European temperament, and tiki style, when it was happening, was an example of a white middle-class fad."
  6. The "racist" bird in the Enchanted Tiki Room.
  7. Shall I go on?

The point is, please let it drop. Things are racist if you want them to be. And if you're that sensitive to race, then complain about the other tenants if tiki culture that are racist, or not at all.

HT

Oh, and The Goof! Holy crap, that is the most racist mug/thing I've ever seen!

I have two. I enjoy them immensely, and drank the drink myself. I earned those mugs!

Well I think the obvious argument with what you're saying is that was 50 or 60 some years ago, when much more of America was more intolerant and even ignorant in matters of race.

Most of us should have evolved by now.

The guy says he's sick of the debate, then goes on to offer a long-ass debate argument? I don't get it... hahah. Anyway, I wasn't arguing that there are no racist elements in tiki, pretty obvious there are. Witch Doctor is on another level.

Plus, no one is saying this mug is racist, Hale. Just that he won't settle a money dispute with strangedaisy.
You're thinking of the other witch doctor thread.

On 2012-11-05 11:56, happy buddha wrote:
Most of us should have evolved by now.

We have...

Partisanship 2012! The NEW Racism!

Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2012-11-05 12:26 ]

HT

On 2012-11-05 07:52, Trad'r Bill wrote:

Hakalugi confirmed that "James Walker" was a fake account created by Witch Doctor, used to hype up his racist Obama mug, so I wouldn't put it past him.

4WDTiki. See above.

Trader Bill: You can't settle an argument without words. And invalidate points 1 and 2, if you would. Since you still claim racism. The poit was that those point should have settled the debate, along with the point about Jungle Juice. Did I miss something where he said the n-word, or said that mug was intended to be racist? No. He mentioned irreverent humor. No mention or implication of race.

Happybhudda: So, none of us here enjoy racist mugs, or collect them, or drink racially insensitive drinks?
And you missed the point that the Obama mug isn't racist. See points 1 and 2, I believe.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2012-11-05 12:38 ]

HT

On 2012-11-05 12:25, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
We have...

Partisanship 2012! The NEW Racism!

Buzzy Out!

I got a good laugh at that. Touché, sir.

Hale Tiki, while you raise interesting points, all the things you mentioned are just as
racist today as they where in the 40s,50s & 60s

Yes, we can see them through a "Vintage Lens" and set aside the social mindset of that day
but at the same time we must acknowledge what the intent of the image is humor born out of open racism of the day
or at the very least a "social insensitivity" of that era.

It is a lesson that one would hope has been learned by now in today's "moral conscience"

Does that mean we should not have, discuss or enjoy these objects you mentioned, Of course not.
but we should be aware of the history and what they represented at the time.

In that context, can any new representations or depictions of these things be considered "Racist"
Absolutely!

But there is one antiquated idea I think is every bit important today as it was then
that would be the "Freedom of Speech"

HT

ATP.

Tell me how the Obama Shrunken Head mug is racist.

Well H.T.,
In this case it's a combination of the political message the Witch Doctor
was representing, An image of the sitting president as a shrunken head with direct political cartoon stylings
the inclusion of the drink recipe "Jungle Juice" which I think puts it over the top of just a "Political jab"
has its very roots in a racial mindset, if you don't agree that it at least has the overtones of racism
I don't think you are choosing to see it.

Maybe the Doctor has not meant it to be so, but the appearance of Racism is fairly in question.

I myself think for political reasons alone, this has no place on TC & have to question the Witch Doctors
intended message, at the very least he should recognize this has hurt his standing with the TC community
and will affect his bottom line in future mug sales, which alone makes it a bad decision.

Never mind a moral stance.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-11-05 14:50 ]

HT

Aloha ATP! Didn't mean to sound so standoffish in my last message!

Terribly sorry. More to follow...

After reading all the drama from past Witch Doctor topics like.

Not getting you mug,
Not getting your money back,
WD not responding to your P.M. when you didn't receive your mug's

it shocks me people still purchase from him.

All these mugs are clones of objects that he do's not own the rights too.

You want the world to be a better place?

Stop endorsing bad behavior.

Don't send him your money or be shocked by a guys opinion when he has shown a lack of respect for people who buy from him.

Just my opinion,

W

If you like this design go to

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=400059&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Chalice+of+Kali+Replica+Prop+Now+Available&utm_content=Image+-+Chalice+of+Kali+Replica+Prop+Now+Available&utm_campaign=ComPOG_Disney-Lucas_110512

and buy it from someone who payed for the rights to use it.

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2012-11-05 15:26 ]

I agree with the last post.

The Witch Doctor has shown the Tiki Centralites his true colors.

1. He is a thief, he has taken money for products and either not produced the products or not provided a refund.
  2. He is a racist, see his Jungle Juice suggestion for his Obama Shrunken Head mug. Which adds "bottom shelf rum" and "half of a banana."
  3. He is unoriginal in his creations, they are knock offs of other, better done mugs/vessels. He's a one trick pony and can only remake things he has done before.

Any post/offering by him is going to illicit this kind of response. He has burned his bridge here and we can only hope he goes away or does enough to get banned.

It's up to us, the community, to ignore him outright until he realizes that he is no longer welcome or wanted here.

On 2012-11-05 15:01, Hale Tiki wrote:
Aloha ATP! Didn't mean to sound so standoffish in my last message!

Terribly sorry. More to follow...

Oh not at all H.T. nothing to be sorry about

I thought we are having an healthy dialog, I hope my post did not seem like down talking
it is just my point of view from an opinionated bastard :)

HT

Not at all. It was me. I often come off as gruff.

So, it's easy, because of the policitcal subject matter, to make it racial in nature, but if the mug were a generic shrunken head, with the jungle juice recipe no matter what ethnicity the mug was intended to be, it would be overlooked. But because it's Barak Obama, it's a sensitive subject.

Just like a work of art, you can make judgement on what the creator intended, but only he, or she, can expain their work.

And as someone who appreciates tiki culture, you can't just say that it's okay because it had it's place in history. Complaceny is tantamount to acceptance. They still make Fu Manchu mugs, people still make Jungle Juice (See ZTL, and others), I hate to go back to the same two examples, but I don't have any of my books in front of me. It's all or none. That's not to say that the mug is racist, but, well, those who live in glass houses.

Yadda yadda. I need a drink. ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA!!!

HT

Not at all. It was me. I often come off as gruff.

So, it's easy, because of the policitcal subject matter, to make it racial in nature, but if the mug were a generic shrunken head, with the jungle juice recipe no matter what ethnicity the mug was intended to be, it would be overlooked. But because it's Barak Obama, it's a sensitive subject.

Just like a work of art, you can make judgement on what the creator intended, but only he, or she, can expain their work.

And as someone who appreciates tiki culture, you can't just say that it's okay because it had it's place in history. Complaceny is tantamount to acceptance. They still make Fu Manchu mugs, people still make Jungle Juice (See ZTL, and others), I hate to go back to the same two examples, but I don't have any of my books in front of me. It's all or none. That's not to say that the mug is racist, but, well, those who live in glass houses.

Yadda yadda. I need a drink. ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA!!!

I used the U-mod on this thread.... not because of the racist conversations and not because of people complaining about his business practices....

BUT BECAUSE THIS MUG AIN'T TIKI!!!!!

Seriously, if some excited newby posts a carved koa wood pineapple dish from the 70's there are 15 people instantly jumping up their ass saying.."thats not tiki" and giving them a scolding lecture about mid-century and the decline of tiki....

This is Indiana Jones.... An India related Indiana Jones prop....

Come on...wheres the outrage?...where's the people that carry "where's the tiki" and "hacked tourist trash" like a gun on their hip?

I love indiana jones, and the mug looks sweet.... but this is just another example of nobody saying anything to the people that constantly sell non-tiki stuff on this site.

Witch Doctor isn't the only one.... All these mug makers come out with non-tiki designs or stretch way beyond the "loosely affliated" concept and peddle them on here....

Sorry, I snapped.

The big differential in this case is "It depicts a specific black man who happens to also
be our sitting president" not just a generic figure.

So the Witch Doctor has made a personal statement towards a man of color
and that alone has racial overtones in the way it was represented, it can't help but be construed
in that context.

I second you on that cocktail, Cheers!

M

I agree with you wildsville. I wouldn't purchase from him either. I got enough problems without adding the witch doctors business ethics, shipping issues, refund issues and the new issue a racist mug that isn't tiki.

On 2012-11-05 16:57, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
The big differential in this case is "It depicts a specific black man who happens to also
be our sitting president" not just a generic figure.

So the Witch Doctor has made a personal statement towards a man of color
and that alone has racial overtones in the way it was represented, it can't help but be construed
in that context.

Oh and what about the Obama Chia-pet (can grow out his herb fro??), THAT was okay, did you harass the makers of that one?

M

lightning: I am pretty sure chia doesn't have a blog where you can complain, if they did they would lose business. The chia things are ugly and stupid. I protest by not purchasing that crap either.

I agree the Obama Chia-pet is in poor taste
but I was not aware I was harassing anyone?

As much as I disagree or agree with anyone here,I believe they have the right to express
those views as I do mine, I don't believe I have maligned anyone in the process.

M

ATP I don't think you are wrong or harassing anyone. You are right everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

Thanks mymotiki, let me know where to send that $20 :)

HT

On 2012-11-05 21:43, mymotiki wrote:
lightning: I am pretty sure chia doesn't have a blog where you can complain, if they did they would lose business. The chia things are ugly and stupid. I protest by not purchasing that crap either.

You are correct sir. The chia people do NOT have a blog.

And actually, they have lots of presidential candidates:
https://www.buypresidentialchia.com/?rtag=americanchia&

Wow. I did not know that.

HT

On 2012-11-05 16:57, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

It was delicious. Cheers!

M

ATP LMAO thanks for the 20!

I'm as traditionalist as it comes to keeping tiki authentic, but to berate Witch Doctor's creations as possibly not being tiki enough is to overlook the many transgressions of Tiki Farm, and yes even Munktiki. To be sure, there are degrees and a certain amount of subjectivity in anyone's evaluation of "is it tiki?," but have any of you ever cast aspersions on anyone else's shrunken head art? I doubt it.

It's up to us, the community, to ignore him outright until he realizes that he is no longer welcome or wanted here.

Oh, my goodness. Some of you out there on the Left Coast really need to get over yourselves, don't you? To recognize the general state of clueless hubris amongst your smug little "community," I hereby dedicate today as Witless Wednesday to go along with Los Angeles' Meatless Monday. And to toast that treasured, antiquated notion of Freedom of Speech, I hoist yet another of Witch Doctor's voodoo potions because this week, like never before, it's truly a jungle out there.

On 2012-11-14 05:29, White Devil wrote:
I'm as traditionalist as it comes to keeping tiki authentic, but to berate Witch Doctor's creations as possibly not being tiki enough is to overlook the many transgressions of Tiki Farm, and yes even Munktiki. To be sure, there are degrees and a certain amount of subjectivity in anyone's evaluation of "is it tiki?," but have any of you ever cast aspersions on anyone else's shrunken head art? I doubt it.

Your right we should not turn away from him because of his mug's being "Non-Tiki"

But they should turn away because of

Bad Business tactics like not shipping product,not refunding products,not getting back to people who send him P.M.'s wondering were there money is.

Also,

Lack of inspiration and artistic design by duping well known products he has no rights to produce.

As I enjoyed your political angle on this issue I would like to add that the Witch Doctor is like CHINA. Producing products that they have no right to produce and the only way to stop them is to stop buying from them.

Don't endorse bad behavior.

W

S

I do not believe White Devil is the same person as The Witch Doctor.

I agree that we cannot assail TWD on the grounds of the subject or quality of his work. If that was the case, I'd love to become a moderator and wipe out 1/3 to 1/2 of Tiki Central in a single day. As others have said, we just ignore what we don't care for and others pay good money for it. Let the market decide.

But, TWD has not either addressed the complaints here by remedying them, or by answering them, nor have the victims cleared him.

You know white devil,, anyone can sign up in here under any name numerous times. So sticking up for a dickweed just makes you look bad. I am talking about witch doctor's business practices. I see he has put his mug on ebay calling the mug jungle jim or something like that. He changed his appearance and called the mug something else. Now why would he do that? Hmmm why didn't he call the mug by it's original name and use the same remarks he did in here? I can't believe people keep giving him a chance. He has proven over and over that he is a poor business man.

To prove my point even further about using many aliases here is my new name white devil/witch doctor

mymotiki

H

On 2012-11-14 11:45, mymotiki wrote:
...anyone can sign up in here under any name numerous times. ...

Not exactly...

T

Welcome to TC Dikkweed.
Wait don't we have some Dikkweeds here already?

M

there are dikkweeds everywhere lol

mymotiki

Pages: 1 2 51 replies