Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Wonderland VII--Dec 9th starting at 2pm

Pages: 1 2 85 replies

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 4, 2012 11:19 AM

Here's the final vendor list:

** KRISDAMA, JOHNNIE VELOUR, GROG, TOBUNGA, SANDRA DEE, RONTIKI, NESON'S TIKI HUT, TIKIROOTSROCKA, KAYLYNN CAMPBELL, DAN STATLER, 8 BALL, TIKI VATO, GEEDAVEY and TIKI AL.**

Vending starts at 2pm and goes until sundown which is around 4:30 or 5pm, so get there early if you want to get your Christmas shopping done.

Vendors: Get there early enough to be set up by 2pm. If you're done setting up before then and have people that want to buy stuff, go ahead and sell when you're ready. GROG always late getting stuff out of the kiln, so if you're setting up before GROG get there, the spaces are not assigned, it's first come first served. Just leave space open near the building on both sides of the doorway for the art show, and the Taco Lady.

G

Here are a few of the items I will be offering up at Tiki Wonderland.
Ahunkahunka and Nosey Moai, both carved lamps about 3 ft tall.

I will also have some other tchotchkes, along with a tiki mug blowout. ($6 each)

It's kind of a mix of my own art and classic tiki items for you to purchase.

See you there.

I already packed up the tubs full of tiki & barware that I am bringing down so no "as of right now" photos, however a lot of what I am bringing is left over from the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale as well as a bunch of new/old stuff I need to try to find new homes for.

My stuff looks like this....

and this...(please note the taco truck will NOT be coming down south with me!)

But I have so much stuff that I don't even know what I am bringing--come on by and see for yourself :)

See you guys soon!

T

Here's my piece for the art show!

Tiki Bob Christmas

8x10 colored pencil on black paper.

See everybody on the 9th!

awesome as always Eric.
love it.

Jeff(btd)

JB

Here's my piece for the art show. (reflection in glass not included)

TM

bump

M
Murph posted on Thu, Dec 6, 2012 11:34 AM

We are looking forward to this Sunday.
Just got to figure out what cookies to bake?

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 6, 2012 12:22 PM

Kinny's not coming , and he's not judging, so no pot brownies.

R

I'm going to be bringing a bunch of mugs(vintage and new), decanters, banks,coco joes etc.
looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

T

Here's some new pieces for the event:

TIki Snowflakes:

Away in a Tiki Manger:

See everybody on Sunday!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 7, 2012 6:43 AM

Today was the last day GROG had to call to check in on Jury duty, and just GROG' luck, GROG have to report for jury duty. Going to cut into GROG' glazing time for ceramics. May be a lot fewer ceramics than GROG was hoping to bring to Tiki Wonderland. :(

S

Grog it will be nice to see some art from ya even if its less than you hoped to bring!

J
JOHN-O posted on Fri, Dec 7, 2012 3:45 PM

I wish I was able to attend this neato event !! :(

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 7, 2012 5:21 PM

Just back from Jury duty. Gotta glaze like a storm and hopefully fire early enough on Saturday to get it out of the kiln in time for vending on Sunday.

M
Murph posted on Fri, Dec 7, 2012 5:28 PM

On 2012-12-07 17:21, GROG wrote:
Just back from Jury duty. Gotta glaze like a storm and hopefully fire early enough on Saturday to get it out of the kiln in time for vending on Sunday.

Nice... Freshly baked warm cookies and warm tiki mugs.

T

Here's the official icy-blue ribbon for the art show, to be awarded to "Best in SNOW", by popular vote... other cool prizes to be awarded too!

See everybody on Sunday!

I dare somebody to make these.

T

I am ready for tomorrow. Taking my puffers and glass floats.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 8, 2012 3:36 PM

Ceramics are in the kiln. Fewer than GROG was hoping to bring, and may be even fewer if all these don't turn out well in the firing. Hopefully they'll be cool enough to get out of the kiln to make it in time for the event.

Tony from Martini Kings will be joining us in the vending area vending his wares.

T

Here's two finished pieces for tomorrow... Tiki Bob bucket mugs!

These are the only new ceramics I'll have available, as tragedy struck with a catastrophic kiln malfunction and meltdown... runaway temperatures destroyed everything I was making for the show.

See the pic below for what became of them (I labeled the blobs for easy identification.) The pieces that weren't reduced to puddles were deformed with huge cracked blisters, and almost all the pieces were fused to the shelves.

I had two Bob buckets in the works but not complete in time for this firing, which saved them from the massacre... which are the two pictured on top.

See everybody tomorrow!

K

Hawaiian Print (and Samoan) Santa Hats!

Puffer Fish Float Ornaments also available!

[ Edited by: Krisdrama 2012-12-09 01:28 ]

R

I just finished packing up the truck.. 300 mugs plus a bunch of other goodies!!!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 9, 2012 10:00 AM

Got stuff out of the kiln, so for the first time GROG will actually be early to the Tonga Hut to set up. A number of things didn't quite come out as expected, so they will have to stay home and wait to be touched up and refired, but GROG have a few things to bring. Hopefully GROG will make enough to buy a few drinks. Looking forward to seeing everybody, listening to BTD Christmas tunes, tasting some cookies in the cookie/dessert contest, and watching the Glasgow Tiki Shakers perform.

Vending starts at 2pm.

See you at the Tonga Hut.

Great seeing everyone yesterday! Thanks to GROG, The Tonga Hut, and everyone else involved in putting on the event. Also wanted to say thanks to those of you who walked away with one of my Aloha shirts, dresses, or tiki mugs, the support is greatly appreciatted. See you all soon and have a happy and safe holiday season!

TH

Thanks To all the Vendors who came with such amazing wares! Jeff Big Tiki Dude for spinning the tunes!, The Glasgow Tiki Shakers for playing songs all night!, Marie for holding down the bar, Ernie for organizing the show and Cookie contest, Sherry and Tom for helping with the Mug sales, Eric October for handling the Art Contest, and thank you to all who showed up! Thank you everyone!!!!!!!

Tonga Hut Family

[ Edited by: tonga hut 2012-12-10 13:19 ]

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I got there at the end, but was greeted warmly (literally) with a hot buttered rum (THANK YOU, JOE BANKS) and cheering hugs from Queen Kamehameha, Grog, Eric October and Manuel, plus lots of other good cheer from Tonga Tom & Sheriyaki, Sandra Dee and, of course, the awesome Marie. Made my weekend, let me tell you that right now.

Grog puts on best time. Grog know how to party.

Thanks everyone, and Eric! Your Tiki snowflakes ROCK!

On 2012-12-10 13:18, tonga hut wrote:
Thanks To all the Vendors who came with such amazing wares! Jeff Big Tiki Dude for spinning the tunes!, The Glasgow Tiki Shakers for playing songs all night!, Marie for holding down the bar, Ernie for organizing the show and Cookie contest, Sherry and Tom for helping with the Mug sales, Eric October for handling the Art Contest, and thank you to all who showed up! Thank you everyone!!!!!!!

Tonga Hut Family

[ Edited by: tonga hut 2012-12-10 13:19 ]

Yeah, that!

Val and I had a great time and took home some fun stuff and some cool Christmas + birthday presents. Thank you to all involved in putting on the event!

Kevin

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 11, 2012 2:04 PM

Thank you to everybody that came to join us at the Tonga Hut for Tiki Wonderland. Thanks Amy and Jeremy of the Tonga Hut for putting on the event and providing the prizes for the cookie contest and art show. Thanks Eric October for heading up the art show and congratulations on winning. Thanks Marie and Ian for the tasty drinks, and Sherryaki and Tonga Tom for all your help. Thanks to all the vendors for providing such fun stuff to choose from, all the artists that brought stuff for the art show, and all the entrants in the cookie contest. Thanks BigTikiDude for Djing the fun Christmas tunes, and big thanks to the Glasgow Tiki Shakers for your great performance as usual.Thanks to anybody else that GROG may have forgotten that helped make this another fun and successful event.

Had plenty of people helping judge the cookie contest by tasting and casting votes. Congratulations Kevin (Heylownine) whose chocolate covered macaroons won top prize which was a limited edition Tonga Hut mug. We had five entrants. All the cookies were gone by the end of the night.

More cookie tasting.

Kaylin Campbell and Dan Statler's boothe had some awesome metal tiki art.

Some fun vending going on over at Geedavee's booth.

Kirby's son Tyler starting the Christmas mustache contest early with his Yogurt mustache.

Mom, Polly looks on as he flirts with Cindy.

Bigbro, Sven made back to the U. S. in time to make it to the show.

Sheri was handling the Tonga Hut mug sales. Plenty more mugs at the Tonga Hut, so drop in and have a drink and get an awesome Big Mo mug designed and sculpted by Kirby and produced by Taboo Island.

Jeff BigTikiDude Djing some Christmas tunes.

More cookie judging.

Johnnie Velour and his ever lovely wife..

You could see a number of people took advantage of the Taco Lady's wonderful Mexican food.

8 Ball provided some wonderful stuff to choose from.

Inside, the Glasgow Tiki Shakers were awesome as ever.

GROG took the opportunity to jump in and get a picture with Bill while he was playing. Since his hands were busy playing the guitar he couldn't strike GROG or push GROG away.

The Shakers from another angle.

Marie working her butt off at a busy bar.

Eric Link and Tonga Tom could hardly contain their excitement.

Ray Boylan and BTD. Two of the Biggest guys in Tiki. Literally.

Mr. Moai is feeling a bit blue going into the holidays, so he's trying to drink his blues away.

GROG going to steal Joyce away from Bill, don't anybody let him know.

New bartender, Ian showed up to help out Marie making drinks before taking over the night shift.

Tonga Tom: "I'm not as think as you drunk I am."

Sandra Dee and GROG. There are some advantages to be a short caveman standing next to a 6 foot Amazon.

GROG and Sherryaki.

Krisdrama join GROG for a photo.

Val was wondering what she should get Kevin(Heylownine) for Christmas, and Eric October (Tobunga) describing what a c*#K ring is.

The Glasgow Tiki Shakers entertained everybody from 5 pm to 8pm.

BigTikiDude yelling "Turn that sh*t down!!" Apparently he's not a fan of the Glasgow Tiki Shakers.

Getting a picture of Eric Link to prove that he really does exist. He hasn't been around for awhile, so he's sort of like bigfoot. People have claimed to have seen him, but the only proof has been some blurry photos.

So much loveliness in one photo. It was nice to have Kari (Tangaroa Ru) in there, too.

Ian showing off his decades of bartending skills.

Linda and Christian were visiting from Alberta and stopped in to try some drinks at the Tonga Hut and became instant fans.

Good lord....Tom needs to shave!

and I don't think Tyler was eating yogurt I thin it was sour cream

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2012-12-11 14:07 ]

Thanks to Grog and Eric October for setting the whole thing up. Good times.

Great shots GROG, and comments too!
Yes, thanks indeed to all, what a great time!
Here's my first batch of photos …

TT

Here's batch number two …

TT

And, the last batch …

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 13, 2012 2:49 PM

Thanks for all the nice pics Tonga Tom.

Kevin is thinking "does this guy really want to be here"?

I had a great time, thanks to The Tonga Hut and Grog for having me.

Jeff(btd)

TM

Good job, Jeff!

Nice photos Grog and Tom!

Grog, I may contract out for commentary the next time I post a batch of photos: Caveman Commentary™.

kevin

--
if it's not a little complicated, it's probably not worth it.
http://twitter.com/heylownine

[ Edited by: heylownine 2012-12-15 18:35 ]

Pages: 1 2 85 replies