Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Caya Loco

Pages: 1 1 replies

R

Thanks to many years of lurking and getting inspired.

Now was the time and place. My goal from the very beginning was it had to be made from used item. Everything you see here is was either found in the trash, washed up on a beach, or found at a local Goodwill. Since being here in the Gulf Coast, my thinking about material things as changed big time...

So after moving to Florida and months of collecting, I finally bought a saw, made some margaritas, and went to town.

This was found after Tropical Storm Debbie on Venice Beach (we have our own Venice Beach here)

So now I have a buddy, Vin :D

This patio bar was in the trash just waiting to be rescued. I paid the person's neighbor $20 bucks to bring it to my house. The top was also a trash find and the bamboo sticks / barstool were from a yard sale.

After having lunch at the tiki bar, some old man near by was throwing out about 50 sticks of big bamboo. I jumped on it..

Now the fun stuff starts.. The top.

My non CAL OSHA island approved working conditions.

Add some Goodwill treasures, some left over netting from my birthday party, washed up buoys, and some fire..

CAYA LOCO is now open!! Beer is always cold and my margarita will put you on your ass. lol

We even have hot bartenders to help you not remember your time here. :D

[ Edited by: RideSurf 2012-11-05 18:42 ]

That is flotsam style at it's best....nice job...snag a Tiki for your space. Looks fun!!!

Pages: 1 1 replies