Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Fruity tiki drink recipes without citrus?

Pages: 1 5 replies

J
Jeje posted on Sun, Nov 11, 2012 3:08 AM

My girlfriend is allergic to citrus. There are a few "milk" drinks which are really good, but are there any good fruity tiki drinks without citrus? She has tried the Castaway and didn't like that. Too sweet and one dimensional she said. I've searched through Remixed and Sipping Safari without much luck.

[ Edited by: Jeje 2012-11-11 03:08 ]

Pina Colada, Dark n' Stormy, Anchors Away, Mango Chimp, Waikiki Beach, Lola, Coconut Shell and a few others.
Pretty much rum drinks with banana, mango, papaya, coffee, coconut and pineapple don't all seem to have added citrus.
I've always wondered how a mango lassi from an Indian restaurant would taste with rum added to it.
What would Brian Boitano do? Funny enough on the Food Network website there is a video of Brian Boitano making a volcano bowl of Hawaiian Honeymoon Punch. There isn't any citrus in it.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/hawaiian-honeymoon-punch/53282.html

-Lori

[ Edited by: tikilongbeach 2012-11-11 07:41 ]

I'm sure there are lots of pineapple based drinks without citrus since the pineapple supplies the acidity. Here are a few

Blue Hawaiian - pineapple, coconut, and blue curacao
Honolulu Honey - Mango, pineapple, honey and butter
Leilani Volcano - pineapple, guava, and coconut

On 2012-11-11 07:11, MadDogMike wrote:
I'm sure there are lots of pineapple based drinks without citrus since the pineapple supplies the acidity. Here are a few

Blue Hawaiian - pineapple, coconut, and blue curacao
Honolulu Honey - Mango, pineapple, honey and butter
Leilani Volcano - pineapple, guava, and coconut

MDM, blue curacao has citrus in it.

when i first glanced at this thread i thought the title was "fruity tiki drink recipes without coitus;" and i thought to myself, man i dont wanna have to drink no fruity dranks if there aint gonna be any coitus...

J
Jeje posted on Sun, Nov 11, 2012 12:53 PM

Thank you all for your help!

Pages: 1 5 replies