Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 5 May 17-19th 2013 Palm Springs,Ca

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 478 replies

You did a great job Rory. Happy Kitty Chow found her ukulele. I tipped her like crazy cause I felt so bad for her. Still well deserved. Her and Fisherman are awesome performers and kept it positive even though she thought she lost it and it was a tough night for her. Shout out to the Swank Bastards who are cool as hell and The Martini kings and all the rest of you cool Tiki peeps. :D

On 2013-05-20 12:22, Wildsville man wrote:
The Ukulele was found in her room the next morning. But I have to thank her for making mine sound so good at the Adults Only show that night.
I thought it was broken but now I know it's Just me.

W

I am so happy to hear that! Heard it was a family heirloom.

On 2013-05-20 12:25, Wildsville man wrote:
I look forward to an interesting Tiki Caliente 6 year were my biggest issue will be how to KILL the momentum. My goal was always 500 people max and i would like to stick with that number in following years. So to restrict the numbers you may see some slight changes in the future. I always said “I don’t want Tiki Caliente to be the biggest,only the Best”and I meant it.

Mission Accomplished!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=last&3309

I posted our entire Tiki Caliente trip on my other crafts thread. I like to keep all our activities together and there is a rule to not post twice.

We had a perfect trip and thought Rory did a great job. We loved the entertainment and all the vendors. I still can't stop smiling.

GROG thank you for showing up and for spicing up my thread!

Cheers, Wendy

So much fun! Thank you Rory for a great event! Highlights for me were the early bird parties and fun with friends on Thursday, dinner at Lyon's, Magic with Marvyn, having fun serving the VIP folks with Rum Barrels, all the parties but especially late night with Deanna & Trevor what a blast! Thank you what gracious hosts! But I want to shout out a thank you also for our mood setters without them it wouldn't have been a true tiki event for me, Jeff, Bigtikidude spinning great music for countless hours and Tiki Ray who brought beautiful Tiki's! Both of those fellows really made the feel of tiki in the air & soul for me :) Thank You!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2013-05-20 16:57 ]

Holly Cow,after 5 years Tiki Caliente is on Cool and Current. Maybe we have hope still.

W

More fun......

RORY- U ROCK
PS- WE WERE ABOVE THE LOBBY, IT WAS NO PROBLEM FOR US...
THANKS AGAIN FOR 4 GREAT DAYS
CHEERS TO OLD AND NEW FRIENDS

JON

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2013-05-20 21:14 ]

Thanks Rory,
Had a great time ... Deadhead enjoyed hosting the room crawls on Fri and Sat ... had tons of fun ... too much Rum ( not really ) .. The idea of twisting Zombies at 2:30 am with a belly full of drink sounds like a great idea... well until the next morning when my Knee said ... WTF were you thinking? .. LOL .. but umm well I would do it all over again .. as a matter of fact lets do it again next year... YAH BABY!! Thanks to everyone involved and all the new friends we got to make this year...
Mahalo,

Sammy Velvet & Deadhead Rum

J

It was great seeing everyone thies weekend! Mahalo to Rory for another great year!

That was fun, can I sleep now? :lol:

Another awesome year at Caliente! Already working out how to step up my game for next years room crawl. Thanks again for another year of drunken revelry Rory!

CA

never better, I think this was one of my favorite moments and it was Thursday night

Tiki Lives!
Stay Tiki.
and thanks for doing it.

C

So much fun....I think this was my favorite Tiki Caliente yet! I stayed up until 4am Saturday and Sunday mornings, and everything was such a blur that I woke up with a photo of Rusty "Knockers Up" Warren on my camera! Thanks to her pal Kitty Chow for coaxing her out with Mr. and Ms. Tiki America!

Caltiki Brent

Great job, Rory! The bands, weather, and ohana vibe were outstanding.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who stopped by my booth to chat, shop, and checkout my ceramics, it really means a lot.

Until next year!

T
TNT posted on Tue, May 21, 2013 11:53 AM

Rory you are a wonderful host, thank you for all the hard work you put into this. I would have had a lot more fun if I didn't crash my bicycle Saturday morning. I missed the room parties and meeting up with everyone. The weather was perfect, the bands sounded great, the bbq was a nice addition and the Curve looks great.
We look forward to the next one.

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 21, 2013 11:58 AM

Thanks Rory. GROG have fun.

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 21, 2013 12:00 PM

Thanks Rory. GROG have fun.

D
Dagg posted on Tue, May 21, 2013 12:46 PM

GROG have twice as much fun as everyone else. :wink:

Looks like a fun time was had by all!

RL

Thanks Rory!! The Ding Dong Devils had a blast (even Puka von Pele, hiding behind the drum kit)!! Sorry we kept some folks awake who needed some sleep! This was the best Tiki Caliente so far, in my estimation!!! (photo by David Gene Echt)

Edwin

C
cy posted on Tue, May 21, 2013 7:10 PM

Thanks so much to Rory for making this year's event better than last! MC Crazy Al was in perfect form and the bands from openers Kitty Chow and Fisherman to The Smokin' Menehunes closing act were fantastic. A great weekend long atmosphere was provided by Big Tiki Dude (I say burn down the new wooden shower and move him back where he belongs) and meeting new friends as well as old made me happy and ready to do it again. Special thanks to Paul and Scott!
I did not get pictures but the late set by the Ding Dong Devils was my fave. Here are pictures from the Saturday show.

The smooth stylings of The Martini Kings w Sonny Moon.

Jason really rounded out the sound when he joined in.

Thee Swank Bastards really are swank bastards.

You think the dude in the pool is a bit nervous?

Here Wildsvilleman teaches Kitty Chow how to hula.

T

Another great weekend. It will take all week to recover. Each year I wonder how it can get any better, but Rory makes it happen. The entertainment line-up was awesome. The hotel staff was awesome too. A big shout out to bigTikiDude too.

RL

It started out fun and just got more and more spectacular. Thursday night hanging with Rory and everyone else and "sipping" Kelly's amazing rum barrels.

The eyes have it!

What a great week end! Thank you Rory for the fun, the bands and the organization. Also thanks to Sunshine Tiki for organizing the room crawl. It was great to have your support for our first room crawl hosting at Tiki Caliente. I am posting the recipe for the "eye of the Moai" under the room crawl forum for those interested.

Candidly Val and I are still in recovery mode from the weekend. That being said, I'd like to thank Rory for another very fun tiki weekender. We had a hot poolside room, hosted another crawl stop, enjoyed awesome music, shopped, and most importantly spent time with friends. The food situation at the hotel was much improved this year as well.

In addition to Rory: thanks to ZTL for hosting the crawl, Crazy Al as the Tiki Caliente MC, BigTikiDude for tireless DJ duties, the bands that played all weekend, and our fellow attendees for making Caliente what it is. I had a great time up to the point where I passed out Sunday night near the pool due to exhaustion and even that was kinda relaxing.

Loved the Ding Dong Devils Friday night lobby set, as well as The Smokin' Menehunes Sunday afternoon sets. Every band was great in fact; each had their own highlights.

Pictures to come,

Kevin

Rory, great job, kudos sir.
Thanks to all for the shout outs,(truly appreciated)
And thanks for the pics, so I can see what I missed.

I hate to complain, but it was still to friggin hot.
It was 74 in HB today and I was sweating.
Hopefully the diet will help with dealing with the heat.

Good to see some familiar faces.
And great to see so many new ones.

My favorite moments were the 2 hip hop chicks asking when
I was gonna start scratching on the turntable.
And the old guy in motorcycle crash gear, asking me to stop
Playing Lawrence welk music, and put on some punk.
8-o

Jeff btd

T

Thanks everyone for fun weekend..Got lots of pics coming up soon here at Tiki Central (links) and Facebook.Feel free to friend me on Facebook and tag yourself and your friends..

RD

Great job again this weekend Jeff.
Good luck on your diet.

RD

Andrew, Love the extra vibe you add to the event.

(Need to get you out to Mojave)

More Kudos & pictures to come.

RD

Rory, Fantastic line-up line-up of bands and vendors.
Great entertainment value.

Favorite moment was Crazy Al scatting with Sonny Moon.

I hope Chris puts this on Lost in Paradise.

[ Edited by: Rum Dog 2013-05-22 10:26 ]

Thanks for another awesome Tiki Caliente Rory!
Had such a great time with old friends and new, with so many wonderful subjects to photograph.
Here's the beginning of Friday's photos ... Welcome to Tiki Caliente 5!

Great shots Tom! I even remember a few of those things happening....

TT

TT

Good Night, Friday.

G
GROG posted on Wed, May 22, 2013 2:04 PM

Nice photos, Tom. GROG like.

RD

Kudos to all of the crawl hosts. Each cocktail was a winner.

T

A few from The Martini Kings Show..

TT

Nice pix Tiki-Tim!

Great pix...the decor looked fabulous and room parties kickin. Good job Rory!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 478 replies