Pages: 1 27 replies

SATURDAY DEC 1st
TIKIYAKI and FONDUE !
THE HIP KITTY
502 W First St,
Claremont, CA 91711
909 447 6700
http://www.hipkittyjazz.com

Last show of the year for Tikiyaki...no New year's show this year, but this night of Tikiyaki and Fondue will get you ready for the holiday season.
Lots of fun stuff cooked up for this event. Some new covers, surprises, and some old classics we haven't played in a while.

Always loved the idea of a fondue party with friends, and who better to provide the soundtrack than The Tikiyaki Orchestra ?
We're playing 4 sets....come early . stay late, or drop in mid-evening, we'll be doin it from 8 until 12 !

Hip Kitty Info from the website :
Located in a renovated 1922 Packing House, the warm and eclectic vintage décor takes you back to an era when jazz was subversive and fondue was all the rage. Hip Kitty is classy but casual and over 21 only- a great place for a date night or a special celebration. The retro menu features a wide selection of cheese, chocolate, and meat & seafood fondues in addition to our lounge food menu.

Hip Kitty is located in the Claremont Packing House at
One block west of Indian Hill Blvd. Off of First St.
Hip Kitty's entrance is at the south end of the plaza past the 40-foot tall Packing House neon sign.

This is an awesome venue.
I saw Nutty there about a year ago.
make sure that you make reservations.

Jeff(btd)

Hey Fondue still rages in my lounge!!!

ATP,
Do you put on yer Polyester Leisure suit though,
when you break out the Fondue set?

Or.....
is it all about the Nudism vibe?
:o
Hot cheese and bare skin don't go together,
but Polyester can melt to your skin,

damned if you do and damned if you don't
:roll:

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2012-11-20 00:01 ]

100% Polyester free household! BTD

T

BUMP - This saturday !!! $5 admission. Killer fondue and cocktails. 4 sets of Tikiyaki.

Be there !

Jim,

do you know the situation with Reservations?
I heard that you have to have 4 or 6 to a table.

Jeff(btd)

On 2012-11-25 20:58, bigtikidude wrote:
Jim,

do you know the situation with Reservations?
I heard that you have to have 4 or 6 to a table.

Jeff(btd)

I really dont....try emailing or calling the club.

thanks Jim,

I hope to see some of the Tiki Peeps that were not at the last tikiyaki show.

Jeff(btd)

and for a double whammy of shows,
Nutty is playing at the Hip Kitty the night before.

Jeff(btd)

If you've never been, Claremont is a cute and clean (smart kid) college town. There are quite a few old Craftsman style homes and during Christmas they are lit up very pretty.
There is a well-lit FREE parking garage right next to the Hip Kitty and it's in a nice neighborhood. In case you live far away the boutique Hotel Casa 425 is across the street from the Packing House where Hip Kitty is.
Check out some of the shops and restaurants/bars in the retro Claremont Village before heading over to see the show. If you like music visit Rhino Records and some of the interesting carved drums and nice acoustic guitars at the Folk Music Center shop. I'm not a fan of folk music, but the shop is low key, the owners are nice and the place doesn't smell of patchouli.
I go to Claremont 3-4 times a year and I was there this past Sunday showing my parent's around. If my girlfriend is feeling better than we plan on going to see Tikiyaki Orchestra.
claremontpackinghouse.com
thevillageclaremont.com

Pictures of some of the drums at the Folk Music center.

TM

Looking good, Long beach!

I am down south this weekend and look forward to the seeing the show! Do you need reservations to get in or can you just show up at the door?

DC

P

I have a reservation for two at 6:45, which was the closest to 8PM that I could get. To get a better table you need at least 4 people. If anyone else wants to share, let me know and I will see if I can get us an upgrade. I would need at least 2 others. But once the party get bigger than 6, they add 20% gratuity to the bill.

-- Paul

I'd love to share a table but I am not going to be able to get there until 8 or so.

DC

I'd like to dine...let me know if you find one more....

I'd like to dine...let me know if you find one more....

Val and I are there tonight in spirit, and spinning The Tikiyaki Orchestra here at 9000 feet in Mammoth. Have a great show!

Kevin

P

Valerie and I really enjoyed the show last night. The Hip Kitty is a very cool place. There was even a rain lamp there. The sound was excellent and Tikiyaki sounded incredible. The food was not bad at all, either. All in all, a very enjoyable night.

T

Thanx to all the Tikiyaki Ohana that braved the weather and trekked out to Claremont last night.

We had a great night, albeit exhausting...4 sets ! I've never played a 4 set gig in my entire career as a musician.

Happy Birthday, PiPhoRo, and thank you and Valerie for spending it with us !

The Hip Kitty is a perfect fit for us, even tho' it's not a Tiki restaurant, the super cool, 60's dark, moody lounge vibe was ideal.

Tikiyaki and Fondue will return !

What a great show, 4 sets for $5 and a bargain at that! The band was awesome and a great venue. It was like that stage was built for the Tikiyaki Orchestra!

DC

CA

I hoped this gig worked out for you guys... bummed i missed it, but super glad your out on a non-tiki gig!!!!!! GO BABY GO!

Was Bummed there wasn't more than a handful of tiki peeps there.
But the place was full, sold out tables and bar space.

It was awesome to see this 4 set show.
So Glad I went.

Jeff(btd)

CA

That's what I'm Tawken Bowt! no use preaching to the quire !!!

AF

Good times and a great show last Saturday night @ the Hip Kitty, it even included a Stephen Hawking appearance!

Thanks for the Great Pics Anders

Jeff(btd)

TT

On 2012-12-06 22:49, bigtikidude wrote:
Thanks for the Great Pics Anders

Yeah, this!

Camera phone shot of Dustycajun and A Frame trying the house special Old Fashions!

Next Tikiyaki Orchestra event here not to be missed.

DC

Pages: 1 27 replies