Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kona Club

Pages: 1 3 replies

Just came from the Kona Club.

Wow, I guess I'm just a newbie at 57 (most of those years going to Tiki Bars, like the bars places like Lani in San Mateo and Trader Vic's in Oakland) but, WOW.

Bamboo Ben is a genesis and for the life of me I can't understand why all the negative posts here on Tiki Central.

I just joined and really, I'm thinking of rescinding my membership..

In the blog about this place, people were totally crying about no sign, no menus, no Tiki mugs?

I almost didn't go because of all the haters.

I'm here to say, GO TO THIS Oasis, NOW!

I was totally blown away and that's not easily done, because I've been to the "best rated" Tiki Bars a around.

Wake up fools, this place is for real>

I live in Oakland and have had both good and bad experiences at Kona Club. In saying that I have had more bad than good but I would never stop someone from going to check it out.

People can express their opinions rather they be good or bad on these forums because that is what a forum is.

I can tell you have not really paid much attention to Tikicentral since if you would like to add your comment to the thread on Kona Club you should do it here...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=17039&forum=2&hilite=kona club
That way people can read your review along with others.

Its kind of like Yelp...not everyone is going to have the same experience you are so make the experience what you want and use your own judgement.

oh and by the way..calling people on these boards "fools" for having an opinion is pretty lame.

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2012-11-27 16:00 ]

Well, Fools might be a bit strong, but please tell me the room isn't off the charts, I'd be surprised!

Yes, maybe things aren't perfect in other aspects, but to say the the bar doesn't stand up to the high standards of TIKI well, please count me out.

Ok, love it or not please keep the discussion in the Kona Club thread that Sandra pointed out.

Thanks!

I still think the regular Kona Club mug was pretty cool.

Pages: 1 3 replies