Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Looking for a Lawyer inside the Ohana here..UPDATE POSTED BELOW IN MY POST!

Pages: 1 13 replies

T

Aloha...and all warmest greetings,

Most of you know me here for a while. I am a pretty straight shooting sunnuva gun. Long story short, I have an issue I would like to pursue full blast legally after MUCH hesitation. It is one that I feel is one of those "battles" you pick carefully because it's damn worth the cause. It supports basic morality, defends what we all say we support here in this Tiki Ohana, and most importantly, is one of those times you decide you have "had enough" being a nice guy and getting no results.
This said, I will give details more IF anyone out here represents legal council OR knows of such in regards to artist rights/publishing issues and or pursuit of justice when an agreement is negligent. I have a situation that needs to be handled that will, no question, set a standard for artists, painters and performers in our community who need to feel there is an avenue of "justice" when they are not compensated for their hard work and passion...and yah, trust.

Please contact me directly at my personal e-mail: [email protected] if you have potential answers or resources. I have some great resources already from wonderful people who know my situation in detail, but wanted to throw this out to Ohana here fully before pushing the button.

My style and quest is always peace and resolve by communication before drawing a sword. My hope is that this will be the case here but it's looking like this is not likely now and believe me God...I am one to take mouthful after mouthful of shit from a friend before I have had enough where I pull out that blade and feel OK with seeing the head drop. I am beyond serious at this point in this post. Looking forward to hearing from good people. Especially those who support good old fashioned justice.

Warmest wishes and Happy New year too! ~~ Tom Thordarson (THOR)

UPDATE AS TO LATEST OUTCOME OF THIS BELOW!! Jan.1,2013

Just received e-mail confirming agreement to payment plan. I am hoping this settles everything. Thanks again for support on this. ~~~THOR

Best way to reach me for art or questions directly is this link: https://www.facebook.com/tom.thordarson.3
OR Search on Facebook for : THOR ART

[ Edited by: THOR's 2013-01-01 08:12 ]

[ Edited by: THOR's 2013-01-01 08:26 ]

Thor, I am sorry you have found yourself in this predicament and hope you find justice. I am no lawyer but if you ever need representation by a good Respiratory Therapist you let me know!

Good luck Tom.
David

T

Thanks!
Also HUGE THANKS to all those sending some SUPER supportive responses to my E-mail and Facebook! It's great to see who is willing to stand up for yah out here!
Anyway, my hope is to resolve my issues soon here without need for any further drama. I am holding out my faith that this will happen. I have given it until the 1st.

Happy New Year btw to all! ~~~THOR

I sent you a PM.

T

Got it Tiki Longbeach! GREAT help! Sent you one back as to status pending...will keep you posted. I am very grateful for al the responses!! Again, thanks! ~~T

I sent you an email, with a possible way forward.

T

Thanks Chris!
Got it! I sent you an e-mail back detailing the situation... You get that? I sent it yesterday in return to your e-mail! If the party has not complied with the terms I sent them by Jan.1, I will be moving forward. I got a swarm of responses here and options and your knowledge has been well appreciated!! ~~Tom (THOR)

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 30, 2012 12:59 PM

THOR!!!!

Excellent. Please resend email.
Do not let them off the hook.

T

Chris,
I responded, this time in more detail just now per your questions. I am getting a lot of support and all seems very assuring and consistent based on what I have as documentation on this...See your e-mail. No one is getting off any hook...PROMISE! ~~~T

sent you a PM also.

T

Just wrote you "porpoise" Great to meet you and YES ...i would love your legal advice! I outlined the situation for you and can provide greater detail as well. I have plenty of documentation I can provide, should this need to go to full forward.

~~THOR

T
THOR's posted on Tue, Jan 1, 2013 8:06 AM

See my update in my opening post statement at end! Thanks for all who advised me~ ~~THOR

[ Edited by: THOR's 2013-01-01 08:13 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies