Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

!!Winter 2013 Mug Swap!!

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies

Delivery from Holler Waller to Vegas
Ill post pics when I get off work tonight
:)

Jon

Aloha! Received the Mega-pack from Catmomma...Mahalo!!!

C

Loki-Tiki, glad it all looks like it arrived safely!

I also received a Mega Box today! whoop whoop! Check this out!

now how could I NOT love the whole "madre de gato" thing. :)

research was done by TikiAno to find out I have a thang for the Moai.
I am thrilled with my swap. thank you SO much

Holler Waller Tiki Box

Da Box

Peek-A-Boo

Sweet....
only 1 item damaged by mail, chip in appetizer tray, but there are 2 so no big deal...

Killer Beezlebug Mug...

Thanks for the box Holler...you rock

jon

T

Catmomma, glad it survived the long trip. :) Please note that I was talking to Hank at Freaky Boutiki, mentioning the swap, and he gave me the line drawing for you- we've got a pretty cool community here. Glad you dig the Moai Madness- and that you noticed the box exterior. Enjoy!

[ Edited by: TikiAno 2013-02-26 18:55 ]

Arrived back at the SoccerTiki Grotto (after a vacacion in Puerto Vallarta) to find a Box O' Surprises from our Good Friend Wendy Cevola! Here are a few pictures:

A very cool Puffer Bowl! Check out the little guy in the middle!

Cast of an Original Frankoma mug is a cool orange!

Bumatay Fish Necklace!

MUCHO MAHALOZ & BIG HUGZ 2U Wendy!!!!

Wow Soccer Tiki I wish we had been there with you and WooHoo.

That's a lot of photos to post but I must admit that I enjoyed seeing them all. It was hard to find something I'd made that you didn't already have. At least the Frankoma War God is a new color for you. It is the color that most resembles the Frankoma Red. Joniece Frank no longer has that original red color at her studio.

We are looking forward to getting our box from ??? Cheers, Wendy

My box came the other day, but it's been one of THOSE weeks (seems they all are lately).
A big mahaloz to ukitiki!
Wishlist items, Treasure Craft (which I have a thing for) and more!
I wonder if the Moy's in Michigan was any relation to the Moy's Cove (formerly Chin's Polynesian) in Pittsburgh...hmmmm...naw, not too likely.

MH

No Ooga for us. :(

On 2013-02-28 09:01, danlovestikis wrote:
Wow Soccer Tiki I wish we had been there with you and WooHoo.

We wish you were here too!!! I let out a Giant Wooohoo when I saw Soccertiki's New Tiki Treasures. Mahalo! Mahalo & Hugs Wendy :)

U

Wow.....Mongoloid outdid himself this time. A TF Lono, a LA Angels Hula Dancer and a KU beer cozy. Plus drumsticks used by Tikyaki orch's Eddie Cleland and a record breaking amount of ephemera. Even though I'm not a drummer (I try to stick to ukulele, charango, and cuatro) I can appreciate the drumsticks which were used professionally. Mahalo.... OOPS: and a CD

M

Right on, glad the package got there in one piece! Just for the record the Luau cd was kinda a tongue in cheek "bonus". Don't feel obligated to play it! Shoots!

It's been a rough couple of days! Sorry that I haven't updated.
Be on the lookout:
Ukutiki
Slacks Ferret
Hale Tiki
Ragbag Comics
Lorilovestiki
Miss Hell
Pikey's Dog
Danlovestiki
Tikilongbeach

International Tiki hit these shores today all the way from Calgary, Canada.
It looks to be an Orchidy day here in Cave Country.

To begin setting the mood we have music from the Kodak Hula Show, various swizzles and postcards from the Pacific and one featuring a Mermaid from Montana. Also napkins to help keep the party tidy.

After this we can get down to business with our first mug.
This seems to be [or be based upon] an Orchids of Hawaii R-5. No markings and much of the detail has been lost, maybe due to using an older mold? Still, some mean eyes - definitely take your potations seriously with this dude.

Next up, don't you dare judge him by his size, he's the hearty, stout, Unnumbered Short Ku from Orchids of Hawaii! He looks like he will help you get tanked without actually going to Montana.

And finally, we have these colorful plastic tiki containers; from port to Kool-Aid, these glasses will always leave you with a smile on their face.

This shipment seemed professionally packed with not one ding or dang. Wish I could say that for my own shipping job. Mahalo, Slacks Ferret, for sending your Aloha Spirit among the hills, holes, and hollers of South Central KY.

U

Received my SWAP SWAG from Exquisite Corpse and a lot of good stuff. A Kona Club Tiki Mug, and a TC Hawaii 50th State ashtray (I now have an official collection..red, green, and crackle tan). Also a Sailor Jerry shot glass, swizzles, paper goods and seashells....plus other stuff as well. Mahalo Mucho EC.

U

Mongo..Too late to warn me about the CD. It is already on my computer.

received this great mug along with swizzles, key-chain and stickers from a mystery swapper. thanks!

M

Ukutiki, listen to it at your own risk. Just had to put a disclaimer out there, because nothing says tiki like Billy Ocean's Caribbean Queen! :)

exquisitecorpse, that was from me. I hope you like all that stuff and that you get some good use out of the mug! Glad it made it to you safe!

MH

Whoohoo! I feel like Eric October spoiled me. A lot of amazing original pieces. I love it all! However, I think Derek Mitchell thinks he's keeping it all and he's sadly mistaken. THANK YOU, ERIC!! :)

What's that, Wilma?

Timmy's stuck in the well?? Who's Timmy?

OH! A suspicious package?

Woo-hoo! It's from Woo Hoo Wahine!

Hopefully the god of fortune is smiling on us today...

Inside...

Swizzles, coasters, a boatload of of ephemera, and a nifty lil'
Moonraker bucket mug!

Thanks!

I think that means it's time to make a Navy Grog.... now!

--Pete

M

Mahalo Tiki Long Beach, I almost feel bad that you spent the money on postage since we are neighbors. I mean literally down the street spitting distance neighbors. I waited for Pineapple Princess to come home and I heard her gasp as she unearthed the Big Toe artwork while I unwrapped the well packaged items. The mugs are super cool and I dig the swizzles. The Hawaii sticker was icing on the cake. Now that you have my address feel free to come over for a mai tai!

Mongoloid, I'm glad you like your swap swag. I did think about dropping it on your front step, but didn't know if that would be ok.
The sticker came from Project Aloha. Whenever you order a hoodie or t-shirt from them they give you a handful of interesting stickers.

My box from Sheffield (England or Canada?) has arrived safely. Tomorrow is Dan's birthday. He will open it and then I'll have photos to post. Thank you (I need TC name) until then, Wendy

Pete from Ragbag Comics did an AMAZING job with my swap gifts! I mean absolutely FREAKING amazing! The creativity of people on TC continues to amaze me. Check it out.!
I opened my box and found this:

Then I found 4 boxes inside the big box.
(everything was amazingly well packaged.)
Here was the load:

And another sketch detailing everything I received!
and a poster from Fongfest (Pete drew that too, how cool is that!)

In case you can't see I received 2 Orchids of Hawaii mugs, a Foundation Bar Mai Tai glass, a 1952 Ron Rico Rum promo mug, coasters, matches, the motherload of swizzles and the Fong Fest poster.

WAY COOL!

Mahalo Pete! Mahalo!!!!

I received my wonderful swap package from Great Britain. Thank you! I got a cool handmade shell dish, a Moevenpick style mug, Union Jack toothpicks, miniature ukulele player, hula girl postcard, several cool swizzles, matchbooks from The Beachcomber and the Kahiki, monkey rim hangers and some much needed cocktail umbrellas.
Thank you very much!

I got my swap stuff from Ukutiki, it took me a bit to post it, sorry.
I got a Daga mug and a coffee tiki cup. Got a tiki candle and a bobblehead, pez dispenser, Hawaii keychain and a bunch of cool swizzle sticks.

Thanks!!!

PD

On 2013-03-07 10:03, danlovestikis wrote:
My box from Sheffield (England or Canada?) has arrived safely. Tomorrow is Dan's birthday. He will open it and then I'll have photos to post. Thank you (I need TC name) until then, Wendy

That would be mine Wendy,

Cheers,

Joe.

PD

On 2013-03-08 14:53, tikilongbeach wrote:
I received my wonderful swap package from Great Britain. Thank you!

Glad it all arrived safely.

Cheers,

Joe.

Got mine from Ms. Hell and Derek Mitchell:

Mahalo for the Goof mug! Also love the matches, swizzels and napkins!

[ Edited by: Slacks Ferret 2013-03-09 11:18 ]

Pikeys Dog how lucky are we, this is the second time you have shipped to us for a swap.

I gave Dan the box as one of his birthday gifts. He had fun going through all the small items. Very nice.

Then you hit it out of the ballpark. The bucket mug was one he did not have. Didn't you make make the shell? I think I watched you do that.

He put the mug into his collection.

From the small stuff he found an island man and put it in front of his Islander bowl by Eric October.

He really enjoyed your box full of fun stuff. Thank you very much Pikey's Dog.

Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-03-10 10:25 ]

You're welcome Wendy.

Yes, I made the shell dish.

The mug looks great next to it's brothers - looks like it was destined to go there.

Cheers,

Joe.

On 2013-03-10 10:24, danlovestikis wrote:

It's funny to see all the "peanut" mugs with their backsides showing instead of their faces.

We saw on TC a collector who only had peanut mugs. He displayed them this way to show all the names of the places. He had so many different ones that we'll never catch up. It was super to have Joe send us one we didn't have. Very cool. We love these swaps. I'm waiting for my goodies from MadDogMike's swap next over on the other crafts thread. For that one if had to be of pacific sea creatures.

Wendy

Dan-O
Quite the mug collection u have there my man...

Jon

Looks like the final ones have gone out!
So WoohooWahine, Tobunga, and Tiki Atari and TIki Ano should all keep an eye out. Not one eye collectively, I mean each should keep their own eye out.
:)

First arrival of the week was this VERY generous and VERY cool box of joy from Jon - Hang10tiki.

Two - yes - two Mugs that I don't already have...

And so many cool items, I really don't know where to start the list! Highlights include stickers, keyfobs, Tiki Oasis and Shag swag plus coasters galore...

Thanks Jon!

[ Edited by: Pikeys Dog 2013-03-14 10:18 ]

[ Edited by: Pikeys Dog 2013-03-14 10:19 ]

Second trade of the week landed yesterday.

This time it was from Lori in New Jersey (LoriLovesTiki).

Again, two mugs that I didn't already have, a raft of coasters, and a shot or two of Rum is always welcome!...

Thanks Lori - a great package from a Tiki Desert...

PikeysDog-
Glad it made it safe n sound
Enjoy

Jon

Pikey's Dog!

YEAH!!! I'm sooooo relieved my package made it across the pond! I was getting nervous.

:::::WHEW::::::

Glad the mugs were new to you. Enjoy!

T

Tiki-Atari, Thank you! I can't believe it- I have to apologize (belatedly, I admit), I missed the end of the Horror in Clay kickstarter by a few days (when it ended, a while back), and always wanted one of your awesome mugs. Jonathan, you sent an awesome box of goodness, I need to take photos and will post later on today- thanks very much! This Cthulhu mug (as well as everything else) will have a great home. (If you're not already familiar, check out http://www.horrorinclay.com for more info). Photos later today....

T

Holy Cthulhu of a Mug Swap! Huge thanks to Atari-Tiki for this massive box of Tiki finds. There was tons of great stuff in this box that came all the way from Atlanta: two mugs: Atari-Tiki's Horror in Clay Cthulhu mug & a Mai Kai mug, swizzles a-plenty, matchbooks, coasters, Horrors in Clay stickers, coasters, napkins, drink recipes, and a lei. Not to mention the Tiki Zombie comic book.
The group shot:

Cthulhuriffic:

Swizzles from Trader Vic's, Tiki Farm, Frankie's Tiki Room, and the Horror in Clay tentacled swizzle. This is rad:

Groovy coasters:

Muchos mahalos, Atari-Tiki!

I'm terrible at this. I'm beginning construction of my home bar, so everything is a wreck, and tiki stuff immediately gets boxed up.

I don't even remember who my swap partner was because I recycled the box before I typed this, so my apologies, and if you could say hi, that would be great, so I can properly thank you.

Sooooooo, I forgot to take photos, but was very excited when I got it. It came with a mug from the now defunct/now Don's, Sam's Seafood. Very cool. I dig this guy, as you can see.

This is the only photo I got of things, because I could grab him easily while taking boxes down to the basement this morning.

I also got a Bhudda Orchids of Hawaii mug, which I do not have, so thank you. And my favorite parts (other than the Sam's mug), were drink stirrers from Smuggler's Cove, Forbidden Island, Trader Sam's, and Frankie's. I don't have enough from those places yet. And coasters from Don's, which I got with one of my Rum Kegs, but not with the other, so I was short. So thanks for those! And I don't know why I like it so much, but there was also a large PRIMO sticker. I think it'll go on the door to the bar fridge. =)

So, whoever my swap partner was, sorry for not getting photos, but the swap was awesome, and very much appreciated =)

Now to find another Sam's mug....Hahahahaha THANK YOU!

I forgot to mention that there were also paper goods from awesome events that I've been able to attend in spirit through photos on Instagram and on here: International Marketplace, the Untouchables, and a few others.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-03-17 10:51 ]

Hale Tiki,

It is nice to put a face to your name!

I wasn't your swap partner, btw.

HT

Lori, google "Lucky the Painproof Man" and there's a whole lot of me out there.

I'm pretty goofy, and actually love posing like the mug I'm using. There's one on the Trader Sam's thread in General Tiki of me with the Zombie mug. And probably 30 more on my phone.

=)

Hale Tiki, you can thank SoccerTiki for your booty... er I mean haul.

HT

Thanks Paul.

And thanks Soccertiki! Loved my swap!!!

T

Got a cool and crazy collection of great stuff from Pittsburgh Pauly, including a Pittsburgh PA Tiki Lounge mug, some yummy cookies, a hula girl noise maker, an assortment of awesome matchbooks, a pair very kooky vintage plush porpoises, and the most unusual thing, a photo of a trio Papua New Guinea guys playing pool...

Mahalos, Pauly!

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies