Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Birdbath

Pages: 1 21 replies

I thought some of you might be interested in this:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_396601-1570-02-917013ES_0__?productId=3881159&Ntt=tiki+birdbath&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dtiki%2Bbirdbath&facetInfo=

The picture on the site isn't a jpeg so I couldn't upload it.

D
Dagg posted on Wed, Jan 30, 2013 4:34 PM

On 2013-01-30 16:26, LoriLovesTiki wrote:

The picture on the site isn't a jpeg so I couldn't upload it.

here ya go

Thanks Dagg!

D
Dagg posted on Wed, Jan 30, 2013 7:07 PM

On 2013-01-30 18:42, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
Thanks Dagg!

You're welcome :)

L

Cute, not available anywhere around me (SoCal). Does it show available for either of you?

Yes, it shows available for me with local pickup. I was going to go to my local Lowes to see it in person before I purchased it. I'm in New Jersey.

EDIT: Although it said I could get it as soon as today when I actually tried to put it in my cart all my local stores are showing as unavailable. So I emailed them!

[ Edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2013-02-01 10:11 ]

MH

On 2013-02-01 09:32, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Cute, not available anywhere around me (SoCal). Does it show available for either of you?

I love that. It would be great additional to our little backyard. Except they don't ship and there aren't any in the San Diego area either. Boo!

They're heavy, so it's not easy for someone on TC to pack one up and ship it to you. But they do look decently good. We noticed that without the birdbath top attached, they could also work as inexpensive tiki statuary for your yard.

MH

I just saw that they have some available in Yuma. Kind of far just to go to Lowe's, but at least the dogs would enjoy the ride.

BK

Hmmm! That's not half bad & it's in stock at the Lowe's the next town over from me.

Oh, Yuma has Picacho State Park and some great desert scenery along the river. Yes, a long trip, but you can make it very enjoyable by doing some things while you're in the area. It's been many years since I've been there. A tiki would be more than enough to make me go there again... And real Mexican food which is hard to find out here in Florida.

On 2013-02-01 10:09, Miss Hell wrote:

On 2013-02-01 09:32, Loki-Tiki wrote:

I love that. It would be great additional to our little backyard. Except they don't ship and there aren't any in the San Diego area either. Boo!

Armstrong Nursery usually stocks up on concrete tiki lawn ornaments in the Spring. They've had tiki bird baths in years past. Roger's Gardens in Corona de Mar has also had them. Neither place is cheap though.

MH

Thank you for the head's up, Lori. There are a few Armstrong's around us here in San Diego. I'll have to take a jaunt over there come spring and see what sort of lawn adornments I can find.

Ace - Yuma is about 2-3 hours east of me. We were there for Thanksgiving and I really enjoyed seeing the history. We went to an old ghost town and walked around in the afternoon. I'd to make a trip even further east and see the Grand Canyon.

[ Edited by: Miss Hell 2013-02-01 15:23 ]

Thanks Lori, I will definitely be looking out for this. I am desperate for tiki items to decorate my backyard. I refuse to buy anything gaudy or cheesy. This looks like a good piece.

I live in Northern NJ which is a Tiki wasteland, except for Lee's Hawaiian Islander, close by in Lyndhurst, NJ.

Was in local K-Mart the other day and I see they have a new 3' tall Friki Tiki statue, but it's expensive @ $70 and plastic looking.

Ohmsford

At my local Lowes last night, 2/20/2013, I found they had three tiki items which I have not seen before:

1. Stand-alone concrete tiki without the bird bath top, $39. Looks pretty good!
  2. A trio of tikis made into a three-tier stand-alone water feature, $149. Looks kinda cheesy, like they were trying too hard, but it is fun. Could be used as a planter if you don't mind the high price.
  3. A trio of bamboo, made to look lashed together, and in a three-tier stand-alone water feature. Looks pretty good, might go very well in a corner of your bar.

I'll post pics later when I get 'em out of my phone. The concrete tiki looks good, weighs about 40 pounds, beige/tan in color, and seems like it could easily be stained to look darker if you'd like.

I'm hoping that the Lowe's in NJ will get the concrete tiki without the top. I'd get one of those too. I keep stalking my local availability on the birdbath but so far it's not available. A coworker inquired and it's supposed to come in during March so I'll start stopping in the store soon as not to miss it.

Here are pics of the tiki and bamboo fountains currently for sale in my local Lowe's deep in the jungle of Jacksonville, Florida:

Tiki Fountain:

Bamboo Fountain:

Again, the tiki is kinda cheesy. The bamboo fountain is actually decent looking. My Lowe's store does a nice job with real bamboo backgrounds to showcase their yard fountains and things.

I didn't get a photo of the tiki statue, but I went back and bought one and will take a pic and post later.

O

I was visiting my local Lowes in NJ the other night and stumbled upon this Tiki Birdbath. I actually was looking for it when I first read this post and never found any local store that carried it. I actually forgot about it until I saw it the other night. We went back last night and snagged the only one. It is in 2 pieces, made of concrete colored by a stain sealer of some sort. Really, really heavy!!.

It now resides in the middle of our tropical area in the backyard, looking fantastic!

I have been wanting to get a Tiki statue for a long time but there aren't any places near me that have them. We have been to the NJ Shore, where there are a couple of places that sell hand carved statues. I can't bring myself to spend the $100 for a 4 foot tall, 4 inch dia. statue that has either airbrushed highlights, looks like the Rolling Stones tongue, buck teeth, or all three.

I am a big offender to the purist Tiki theme in our backyard. As much as I want to keep a purely Tiki theme, I have no choice as there is not much local selection of Tiki items, nor can I afford a lot of what I want. This has resulted in a mixture of Tiki, Nautical, Pirate, and Margaritaville themes. I state this now as when I decide to post some backyard pics, I don't want the purists ripping me for violating the Tiki Code.

The Lowes birdbath has a classic Tiki / Hawaiian look. It really helps bringing the backyard more in to the Tiki feel.

[ Edited by: Ohmsford 2013-05-23 09:42 ]

[ Edited by: Ohmsford 2013-05-23 09:43 ]

I got one too and it's REALLY heavy. I'll have to take a picture this weekend and post it.

Omsford, in the spirit of full disclosure I need to admit that I am the owner of a couple of taky Jersey Shore tikis. :::::hanging head in shame::::::::::

In my defense there's nothing else available around here and I bought them before I discovered TC and error of my ways! But they still make me smile. But I vow to buy only brown ones for now on.....

I hope we can still be friends.

Quite a while back I mentioned that I'd post a pic of concrete tiki statues for sale at Lowe's. I took a photo yesterday and posted it below. While not as good as what you'd get from a real wooden tiki carver from our TC community of carvers, this guy is solid concrete, weather resistant, and also very heavy which discourages theft.

He's 21 inches high and, for $35, is not a bad deal. You could stain or paint him to look darker. (Or you could/should buy a real wooden tiki from one of the carvers here on TC.) I bought one of these concrete guys to put on my front porch where he gets good visibility from the street and, therefore, could eventually be stolen. If someone does steal him, then they will have a bit of huffing and puffing to do to get this heavy thing back to their frat house. If that happens, then I hope I get the satisfaction of seeing them drag him off and drop him onto their toes once or twice along the way, ha!

(Edited to correct the height to 21" in my text.)

[ Edited by: AceExplorer 2014-07-02 07:10 ]

PP

wow, didn't know to get a damn bird bath required a road trip, a cooler, change of clothes and 100s of dollars of gas!!! lol

Yes, but you have to be really hard-core! hahaha...

Pages: 1 21 replies