Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Big Kahuna In His Natural Habitat

Pages: 1 10 replies

This is what I do all Winter, while you SoCal folks are taking leisurely strolls on the beach!

Which one is Emilio Estevez?

That "Champions" banner on the wall behind you, does that belong to your team?

BK

ATP: Don't make me kill you!
King: That banner is my high school team, but long after I graduated.

S

is that...ice you are standing on?

in California we just put that in our drinks :wink:

Nobody ice skates in California yet it produced the Zamboni and 2 home grown NHL teams that won Stanley Cups. California is weird (or am I just stating the obvious?)

[->>King Bushwich 33rd on Hulu.com

BK

Very funny Ms. Dee.

I've been in Cali since 1986 and I skate...

Well Hell... I've been playing for a while and I never realized that I don't have any good action shots. They are all blurry or grainy...

It's only natural that I took up hockey given that I lived in Texas, Florida & California...

On 2013-02-01 14:19, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Nobody ice skates in California yet it produced the Zamboni and 2 home grown NHL teams that won Stanley Cups. California is weird (or am I just stating the obvious?)

[->>King Bushwich 33rd on Hulu.com [ Edited by: King Bushwich the 33rd 2013-02-01 14:20 ]

Don't forget Michelle Kwan! She's from Southern California. She's won several figure skating world championships, US championships and a bronze and silver olympic medal.
Funny enough there's a big ice skating complex behind the Quicksilver headquarters in Huntington Beach. They even have a curling league.

TM

And a nice big one in artesia/cerritos, with a home amateur league team.

The Disneyland Resort had a skating rink and you could skate with Tinkerbell.

Disneyland: Ice Skating Rink

Rancho Palos Verde, the home of NBA legend Bill Laimbeer, has a real nice Ice Skating Rink

Palos Verde Chalet

Too bad Bill Laimbeer did not ice skate and go into the NHL. He would have fit right in.

Pages: 1 10 replies