Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

new tiki bar in Oakland ?

Pages: 1 8 replies

AT

I'm new to the Oakland area . I 've heard rumours of a new tiki bar, but none of my friends seem to know where it is. Does anyone have any info?

B
boingo posted on Tue, Jul 1, 2003 3:43 PM

It's called " Conga Lounge" on College avenue. I was actually there on saturday night. It was pretty cool. They had a DJ playing lounge music and exotica. Their bartender is pretty cool and makes awesome drinks !! I met some friends there for a drink and ended up staying until 1am.
I don't know the exact address, but it's near the Bart station.

M

The "Conga Lounge" is above Pizza Rustica--find the address for Pizza Rustica on College Ave and you can find this bar.

The address is 5422 College Ave @ Manila, four blocks south of Rockridge Bart .
I own The Conga Lounge with my brother, Mano. It has been a labor of love for us (We are both retro-culture and tiki enthusiasts) and we are thrilled to be running the only tiki bar in Oakland, the home of the Mai Tai.
We are open Thursday through Saturday, 5pm till midnight.
Thanks to all who came to our opening last month and to those who have come by since.
Hey Boingo, I'm glad to see you had a great time on Sat. It was our first try-out with these deejays and it was a great success. They'l be back next Sat.
This is a work in progress-we're adding to it daily-
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
We have several cool "theme" nights coming up - I'll post them on this site.

Mahalo and Aloha

looking forward to meeting you when we come by the lounge. I've heard some really interesting things about your place. Will you be open on the 4th ? We need to go somewhere and drink after the fireworks.

Yep, we will be open on the 4th.
Come by and join us as we toast to this great country. I'm looking forward to meeting you, too.

Next time I'm in the Bay area I'm going to check it out. Can't wait to get their!

U

That bartender does make a hell of a drink. They change the drink specials almost every week so you never get board and there is always something new to try.

M

The Jab and some others are planning to go tonight. 7-3-03

Pages: 1 8 replies