Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Queen Mary-Long Beach, CA now serving 1951 era cocktails

Pages: 1 2 replies

From their Facebook post:
The Observation Bar has a new menu, one that is a throwback to the Queen Mary's classic cocktails circa 1951! You can sip a traditional Sidecar, Singapore Sling..., Orange Blossom or Moscow Mule (just to name a few)... Or you can stay circa 2013 and try one of our new signature "Inspired Creations" such as a Top Deck or French Harbor Fizz that our staff Mixologist has created to add a fresh spin to the Classics! We also have a delicious new Strongbow cider on tap!Hop aboard this weekend or Mon-Thurs for Happy Hour from 4-7pm for a good time with some friends! Check out this archive shot of the OB! For the full menu follow this link: http://www.queenmary.com/dining/the-observation-bar.php
They also have a mai tai, rum swizzle and a dark and stormy on their new menu. They're all made with Bacardi so a heads up on that.

BK

Another one added to my itinerary for the next trip out to SoCal.

Big Kahuna,

The Queen Mary is also a hotel and you can stay in a historic stateroom complete with porthole windows.
If you want to tour the ship you can do that without paying for the tour unless you want to see the engine room and pool area. Of course, the place is supposed to be haunted and it certainly gave me a feeling that I was on the set set of the Shining when I was there. I expected to see creepy twin girls around every corner. :o

Pages: 1 2 replies