Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

start of new Tiki Bar

Pages: 1 10 replies

Well, we've finally started working on our own Tiki Bar. We came across these items and decided it was a sign to finally get started.

This guy, we're looking for a name. So far the best suggestion has been: Kumoniwanazombee.

A Craigslist score. Needs some work. perfect for our tiny yard. Now to score bar stools.

Good start, but you need to turn it up from it's side :lol:

Q

Definitely a good start! You can't have a tiki bar without either one.

Have fun!

Can't wait to see how it develops. Take lots of pictures and be sure to share!

Beachbum credo. :drink: Sit instead of stand. Lay down instead of sit. :tiki:

T

Shouldnt we be knowing you as Tiki Pirate instead of Coffee Pirate?

On 2013-02-11 18:13, Coffee Pirate wrote:
Beachbum credo. :drink: Sit instead of stand. Lay down instead of sit. :tiki:

Sounds like a Jimmy Buffet song to me? :P

Great start! I can't wait to see the improvement with this one. Hope you can twist the the image because it is kind of difficult to look at that way. :)

Love to see new Tiki Home Bar start-ups...keep those pictures coming. :drink: Cheers

On 2013-02-12 15:46, tikipaka wrote:
Shouldnt we be knowing you as Tiki Pirate instead of Coffee Pirate?

Naw...I'm Coffee Pirate. I picked up the nickname cuz I was a home coffee roaster, going through training to become a master roaster, when I started running with The Pirates of Portlandia and The Down The Hole Gang (got one of their shot glasses around here somewhere). It stuck. I think i will be known as Coffee Pirate (Coffee for short) 'til I die. And when I earn Hale Pele's Loyal Order of Fire Drinkers honor, pirates will be celebrating! Arrr!

After much deliberation, we decided to call our Tiki Bar- RUMPOCALYPSE. Since we mostly serve Zombies, it seemed a more fitting name. The travel bar, which will be based on a Burning Man playa bar, will be called Drunken Skull Bar. Since we have no real idea when we will have to bug out of the trailer park, our plan is to set up in the backyard area and make every as portable as possible. When my brother moves into the house in Salem, OR we will move the bar into that backyard and expand into the tool shed and possibly the green house that never quite grew any seedlings, much less plants. We could possible have a home tiki bar where one could pub crawl. :)

When the monsoon season in Oregon lets up, we are going to take out my fruit trees (which produce little to no fruit and are a bitch to keep disease free) and replace them with bamboo and palms. Wondering if I should plant them in barrels to move them later, or just let whoever moves in after us, have a tropical paradise. After we get the yard looking less like a redneck jungle then a future tiki bar, I'll post pictures. Hopefully right side up.

Pages: 1 10 replies