Name:Dirty Dick
Type:bar
Street:10 rue Frochot
City:Paris
State:
Zip:75018
Phone:

Description:
A new tiki bar has just hit the Pigalle district of Paris.

Dirty Dick was a hostess bar in the sex district of Paris, on a street that used to be very famous for that, and that is now turning into a very hype neighborhood.

A team that already has a few cocktail bars in Paris (with one russian themed, le Kremlin) kept the name and made it into a neo-tiki bar, with the help of the indispensable Cheekytikis for the carvings (from designs in a Disney style gaven by the owners), mugs and decorative items.

I haven't visited it yet (will in late march), but I've seen a few pictures on websites, and friends told me their menu is great, lots of traditional tiki cocktails, in mugs and bowls. And as theey are from the cocktail scene in Paris, I'm sure the drinks are good. Knowing the neighborhood, I'm sure this will be a very trendy place.
Their is a smoking lounge, a vegetal wall, from 6 to 14 € the cocktail. I don't know about their music selection.

Pics taken from a french paper, "Paris Bouge" :

[url@https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dirty-Dick/504787289561262[/url]

Cool, thanks! What is happening in Pigalle sounds like what happened to the Reeperbahn, my home town Hamburg's red light district.

Looks like a nice place, I will definitely check it out next time. Good to know that the Tikis are not based on Cheeky Tiki's design, I know they can do better than that, this gang is a good example:

Uh oh, and they used Kevin's Miehana mug as a logo without asking...he's not gonna like that:

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2013-03-05 07:02 ]

V
virani posted on Fri, Mar 1, 2013 1:17 PM

I know...

V
virani posted on Sat, Mar 2, 2013 5:39 AM

Well, I guess someone just had to ask, they removed the logo from the facebook page !

Kevin wants to have it assured that the likeness of Miehana is only associated with Anaheim, as "The God of the Orange Grove". That's what he created it for. The problem is he did such a good job in making it look VINTAGE Tiki Modern, web-searching designers think it is an old design and up for grabs. This happened a couple of years ago with a Lucky 13 line too:

In this day and age of the internet free-for-all it becomes increasingly difficult to keep track of one's own design.

HT

OH well. Never saw that. It really is a great little mug, and I'm happy to have two of them :)

I dig the second set of tikis. It looks like the first set in the photos from the newspaper were at least, in part, inspired by the enchanted tiki room tikis.

G
Gonzy posted on Tue, Mar 5, 2013 3:53 AM

Hey everyone this is Gonzo, the artist representing the Dirty Dick in Paris. I did use Kevins image as inspiration for the first business plan logo, it wasn't meant to be our logo, but with being so busy opening the bar, it was used on our Facebook page. we have nothing but massive respect for Kevins work, and we're not using this image anymore. I'm sure we would both appreciate if we can take the image off the forum. If you guys are ever in Paris come by for a Polynesian remedy. Aloha.

Done. No prob. Hey Gonze, did you do the murals? They're quite nice!

G
Gonzy posted on Wed, Mar 6, 2013 8:54 AM

Yes I did the murals. thanks so much:). Tiki style is new to me but I am learning. The real star is Scotty
Schuder, my best friendand head bartender who opened the bar. his cocktails are impeccable, and hes grouped together an amazing staff. I hope you all have a chance to come and check us out.

T

My niece and her French born husband just came back from visiting family in France. They spent a day at a hotel in Paris that was across the street from Dirty Dick. They surprised me with a mug and menu they purchased from the bartender.

Mahalo,

TikiVato

[ Edited by: tikivato 2014-07-05 22:14 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies