Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

May 11 2013, Portland OR - Hale Pele's Polynesian Plaza

Pages: 1 9 replies

Coming this May to a parking lot above you, we're presenting the HALE PELE POLYNESIAN PLAZA!

Come one come all to marvel at mystical wares, hear the swinging sensations and imbibe the impossibly delicious with us on Saturday, May 11th from 2pm-9pm! We'll be offering extended hours that Saturday as well, opening our doors at 2pm!

Featuring:

• Live music
  • Exotic wares from local purveyors
  • Drinks and food from Hale Pele
  • Preview booth for Tiki Kon

There is still plenty of space for vendors, just contact for more information.

Okole Maluna!

Just a few of our confirmed vendors:

• B.G.Reynolds' Hand-Crafted Syrups
  • Former Thatch decor and tikis
  • The Spliced Mainbrace nautical bar decor
  • Sputnik Housewares
  • Soggy Bottom
  • Jane 'Maluhia' Shaw photography
  • Frog Island Tikis

and LIVE MUSIC from the MEN from S.U.R.F.!

Hope to see you there!

-Blair

We're missing The St. Johns Parade for this! Actually, we're too broken down to parade around. :( And we wouldn't miss this for the world, okay maybe that or a 50 year old bottle of rum...

D
dibroc posted on Sun, May 5, 2013 6:06 AM

Tom do you have any pics of the new mugs? you selling them here on TC if you have any left after the show? Miss you and the family down here in So Cal.

TT

I dropped the new stuff off for a glaze fire on Thursday, so hopefully they'll be ready before next weekend. I'll be sure to post a pic when they come out of the kiln. Anything that doesn't sell at the event will go up for sale on Ooga-Mooga and TC.

I stopped by Hale Pele last night and talked to Blair about the event and it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. I saw another person get their Fire Drinker membership (having sampled 50 or so rums from around the world). I think he said there are now 8 members. I knocked St. James and Smith & Cross off my list but I still have a ways to go...

I deserved a drink, though. We took Joseph to a Renaissance Faire yesterday afternoon and he got to pummel me with a padded sword for an hour. Kid's got a good swing!

We may get down to Southern California in July. We'll keep you updated. :)

Sounds like fun! Good luck all I know you will have a successful event! Take pictures Tom, looking forward to seeing you and all your new custom tiki mugs soon!

Just a reminder about this weekend's event! We'll see you there from 2pm-9pm, and maybe a round of cocktails afterwards at Hale Pele!

Scope out more details on the Hale Pele Polynesian Plaza facebook page!

TT

Just got back from the kiln. Here's some new goodies I will have out on my table at the Polynesian Plaza:

Some pieces glazed in Mystic Blue.

Some skull mugs in assorted glaze colors.

See you this Saturday!

Fun event !!! Big THANK YOU to Blair and all the Hale Pele volunteers.

The roast pig was tasty. Good music. Great crowd. Tasty drinks. And, sunshine!

Here's a couple of shots Ilene took of our booth. Joseph was my sign pointer.

Sales were good. However, I still have some pieces left and a few waiting for me to pick up at the kiln that weren't done in time.

I'll be sure to post pics of everything on Thursday for those who are interested (on my Ooga-Mooga page).

Pages: 1 9 replies