Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Witco in Daytona Beach

Pages: 1 7 replies

This is not my listing, but a restaurant is closing down in Daytona Beach, and has a nice little assortment of Witco & some tikis for sale. From the looks of the ad, you could probably get it all pretty cheap.

Way too far away for me, but hope somebody here can rescue the pieces.. I'd be interested in the Witco paddle in the middle of the pic as a finders fee! :)

Check Daytona beach CL under 'tiki'.

This makes me sad. What we are looking at here is the remnants of Julian's:

All we have left now is this truly great Tiki archeology thread here on TC:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27073&forum=2&start=0

I shudder to think what happened to that great mural

P

I hope those crazy shield light sconces don't end up in a dumpster. Those were real retro MCM primitive. I haven't seen anything similar anywhere else. I seem to recall they had similar shields on parts of the outside of the building too.

Here I thought any restaurants that made it this far through the great recession were safe by now.
From what I've heard, the spacecoast is like a ghost town now. I would expect that would have spill-over effect on Daytona.

[ Edited by: Philot 2013-03-21 13:08 ]

I pointed the custom carvering couple DeTiki to that Craigslist ad and Sarah (one half of DeTiki) posted they bought it.

She said that all of the tiki items pictured in the listing was all of the tiki they had to sell and that the family kept the rest of it.

S

Yeah, I put David Bemoll on it and he was too late last night.

UGH! What a shame!

if it makes anyone happier about it not only are we thrilled to have them but we just bought a house just down the road from the restaurant, not even a mile, for our new studio and workshop space. So they are staying close to home! Can't wait to get our new house together cause I have more than just that find to add to the "show me your Witco" thread. Considering how close Julians is to my house and how fantastic it is I am just hoping they make it into a nice restaurant, tiki or not and not another Dollar General that seems to be the new Walgreens of invasive store species in Florida.

Glad the stuff is in good hands. Post some pics, when you have a chance.

Pages: 1 7 replies