Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Congratz Amy New Tiki mag Editor!!!

Pages: 1 26 replies

When I first knew of you by seeing the custom made Hot wheel tiki car and matching mug
you made for your parties way back when, I thought you were an A type, driven, can do person.
Over the years seeing the many things you have done Tiki and non Tiki I now know you
are an A type, driven, can do person.

If you can do only half of what you did at Shelby Cobra for Tiki we will soon see
Tiki joints popping up all over the place.

Congratz!

I second that! Amy is a stand up person who does what she loves. Not only she does what she loves, but she's good at it too... She is a great fit!!!!!!!!!

Definitely appreciate all Amy does for Tiki...she has her heart in it and she is a "do it" person for sure. Kudos to Amy & Ray for such wonderful support of this fabulous community.

Thanks All, I really be more of the publisher. I will help, but we will keep the Tiki Going and build on the great Magazine that Nick and his team built. We and add some new colunms on things we all love. Our first edition is fall and we hope to have 4 editions a year. we will be digital and hrd copy as well. We hope to spread out more and we have some great writers who you all know standing by.

I will update more when I can

thanks again

Skip....A personality??? lol

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2013-04-21 14:07 ]

Yes! Congradulations Amy. That plan sounds great. Will be looking forward to future issues. :D

Digital availability?! Awesome! I've been waiting for that!

Tiki hits the digital age - inevitable, a much needed step! Many Mahalos to Nick and his team for doing a stellar job so far - the most recent issue being a great example!:

Nick and current cover artist Dawn Frazier at the recent International Tiki Marketplace

Today's Tiki culture lives through the commitment and passion of true Tikiphiles, be it artists or organizers, and Amy has proven herself as such a driving force in the community many times over - I couldn't imagine a better successor to the tradition of Tiki Magazine!

Congrats, Amy! Looking forward to seeing what you bring to an already great magazine!

HJ

Thanks to Nick for so much during so many years.

Amy, thank you for taking on the cause. Looking forward to the next issue.

Congrats Amy! Ooh, I can already hear the wheels turning from here!

T

I was remiss in this first post not to thank Nick for starting this
great magazine in the first place, and for keeping it going.
Also all the behind the scenes people that worked on Tiki Mag and
helped put it together.
Great job all!

We are going to miss you Nick!
unless this gives you more time to show up at get togethers
then we are going see you soon!

Nick, we'll miss you, but I think the magazine will be in good hands with Amy! So glad the wonderful Tiki mag will carry on! I have just about every issue so far.

Aloha everyone. The next issue of Tiki Magazine is going to be very special because it will be the last issue with Nick at the helm. It will come out in August, just in time for Tiki Oasis! After that issue, Amy and her crew will take over, and we are looking forward to seeing where she takes Tiki Magazine next. It's wonderful that it will continue on. Mahalo for all your support and words of encouragement over the years.

Kari, will you be staying on with the magazine?

I remember just like it was yesterday seeing you & Nick at Tiki events
and you coming up to me to say "can you get your big head out of the picture"
or "your Hawaiian shirt is so loud you blowing out my colors" or that one time at TO
when you yelled at me "I am not a waitress, please stop ordering drinks from me!"

looking to many more years I hope.
Good times indeed :) :) :)

Tradewind-blown salutations to you, Atomic Tiki Punk! Ah, yes, those are some good times you've rekindled, aren't they? Makes my eyes damp thinking about them. I better have a drink to push those memories between us back down where they belong. :wink:

To answer your question: I have no idea. After August, it will be Amy's publication, and it is entirely her call as to who she wants on board for her new incarnation of Tiki Magazine. I know we all wish her and her gang well!

To have been a part of something this fun and unique from its very beginning has been a incredible gift to me -- not just artistically, but also because of the great friends I've made through my work with the magazine. I will continue to be creatively involved in our aloha-spirited community. Whether it ends up being for Amy or another magazine publisher, I will still be writing and photographing... AND I have some other very cool Tiki projects in the works, so stay tuned!

Thank you Amy, we need this magazine to continue. It's been wonderful so far and we know you'll do a great job, Wendy and Dan

On 2013-05-13 10:36, danlovestikis wrote:
Thank you Amy, we need this magazine to continue. It's been wonderful so far and we know you'll do a great job, Wendy and Dan

Thanks Dan, Wendy and everyone else. Right now Nick is at the helm, and I am trying not to step on his toes. When the August edition is launched(at the Tonga Hut By the way) we will start giving out more info. The Magazine will stay true to Tiki, those of you who know me, know how much I love the hobby and the community. I will make some changes, expanding the magazine, making a digital version, more issues, more topics, more outside of California, etc.

I know change is hard, but Nick Built a great magazine with his staff and I want to take it to the next level. Nick wants to spend more time with his kids and will certainly be there to help me( he promised) . The Magazine has a slightly different logo, done by Derek, it will be called Tiki Magazine and more and that is exactly my plan, to keep tiki and add more fun stuff we all love, hopefully it works. only time will tell.

Amy

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 3, 2013 5:51 PM

The Bamboo Ben comic will still be in there, but the Dream Wahine will be replaced by the Dreamy GROG featuring sexy pictures of GROG. :D

more outside of California, etc.

Thank you!!

OK, so my Tiki Magazine subscription is up for renewal, and I'd like to resubscribe for DIGITAL copies. How do I do that? Thanks!

P

congrats!

cool mag...

Hi All, I just wanted to give you an update on the magazine. Although it seems like I have not been working on it, I most certainly have been. We are excited to get this issue out.

The New Edition is scheduled for December 2013, It will be digital and print. We will also be putting all the past issues up on ITunes and Google as well.

The New Edition will be called "Tiki Magazine & More, More Articles on Cocktails, More on Mid Century, More on the world outside of California. We have some exciting things planned with some great returning writers and a host of new ones.

At the end of every year we will be putting out an annual of the year in Review. So if you like digital, but want the paper too, this works for you.

I will have subscription info, ad rate info and release info later in the month. If you need to contact me please email me at [email protected]

I want thank Nick very much for all he's done and we will continue to work together going forward. I hope you all will be happy with expanded direction.

Thank You

Amy

T

Can't wait Amy!
Know it will be good.

TM

Good Stuff!

Magazine is shipping!! Sorry for the delay hope u like it

Amy

C

Looking forward to it! YAY!!

Pages: 1 26 replies