Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Any NEW mugs in the L.A. area???

Pages: 1 11 replies

My wife and I have 3 daughters and it's rare that we get to go out... Next Friday, we are kid FREE!!!!!!! We are going to go to Trader Sam's to get the Uh Oah.. clam shell and the seafoam glazed barrel. After that, we were going to go to L.A. to spend the night. Have there been any other L.A. area mug releases recently, besides the Oceanic Arts Cobra's Fang mug (which we already have)?

If there aren't we will go to our favorite spots anyway, but as long as we are kid free, we want to get some souvenirs that we don't have yet...

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

T

Do you have the Tiki Ti 50th anniversary mug? We were there today, and they're still advertising 'em on the menu, so they should be available.

Tonga Hut has the Big Mo mug available in a couple different colors, and they also have coconut mugs (coincidentally hand built by me!) in brown and the new green glaze.

Don's has a couple mugs right now too, but I'm not up on what they have in stock... I think the Crazy Al rum barrel and the Vicious Virgin mugs are still available.

You can pretty much go nuts with Tiki Mugs here in the LA area at the moment!

It's not tiki at all, but the BonaVista Lounge, a rotating bar on the 34th floor of the Bonaventure Hotel in downtown LA, has souvenir mugs. You can play tourist and get drinks in mugs shaped like California, vintage film camera, boot, vinyl record, the hotel building, etc. Go at night to see the pretty city lights. I would call first to make sure they have the souvenir glasses in stock. If you're a cocktail snob you won't like the drinks.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Tobunga - We already have all of the mugs you listed, except for the coconut (and a blue Tiki-Ti, but they were out of that color when we were there last)... We will get the coconut for sure!

Tikilongbeach - We didn't know about that place. We are sort of tiki drink snobs, but if a cool mug surfaces, we aren't too picky... Haha! We may have to check it out...

Thanks again!!!
Steve

HT

Dig it:

Hale Tiki, thanks for posting those. I'm visiting my grandmother this week on her Iowa farm. She doesn't have internet and I have maybe 5 good minutes on my smart phone at a time. Verizon Wireless needs a better internet signal for their cell phones in the rural Midwest.

You bet LBC!

Trader Vics LA Live has two new mugs, their traditional mug and a LA Clippers mug.

HT

when i went to tv's la live they had a cool custom spartans mug that the hostess sold me chest because she wanted to get rid of it. so check the cases for old mugs.

On 2013-05-01 16:41, Hale Tiki wrote:

KS

Thanks for all of the help!!!!! Our babysitter backed out, but we found another one. Unfortunately, we had to pick them up early the next morning, so we wound up just driving to Anaheim & getting a cheap hotel & parked ourselves at Trader Sam's. did you know there are two different glazes of the clamshell bowl? I'm on my phone so I can't post photos now, but you can see the side by side comparison on my ooga mooga account of the same name...

Next stop Trader Vic's, Tonga Hug & possibly the hotel (but I'm not sure if we'll have time).

Thanks again!!!!!

F

I know it's "not tiki", but I never knew the Boneventure Hotel lounge had ceramic drinking vessels. Kitchy-kool.
Thanks, (very belatedly), Hale!

On 2013-04-23 03:56, Hale Tiki wrote:
Dig it:

Pages: 1 11 replies