Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

new fireplace can you help me please

Pages: 1 19 replies

im pretty sure this is a preway fireplace but not positve, it is electric and has a tag inside (name has been torn) but it does say to use electric logs only, it has a hole inside for a plug and/or gas???? any info would help thanks!!!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 24, 2013 10:10 AM

Have you tried asking the people you got from about it?

Looks like it to me. Do you have a photo of the sticker? Or what's left of it?

P

check on the stack where they connect. i know mine has "preway" embossed in it.

On 2013-04-24 11:18, porco wrote:
check on the stack where they connect. i know mine has "preway" embossed in it.

Yes it should have a Preway stamp somewhere if it is a "Preway"
but there was a couple of other company's that made similar looking fireplaces
it is hard to tell, but the photos make it look new?
does it look vintage to you?

I forgot to mention that it is a very nice fireplace!
no matter what, hope you got a good deal.

S

It is in excellent condition!!! Plus I found a sight online which I think it has the same details exactly!!! I will look for the lettering when I get home from work! It's from a friend , and he's sure it's vintage!!!

S
OGR

Very nice fireplace...I would say either Malm or Majestic. I'm leaning towards Malm, as it looks like the few I've seen for sale around here. OGR

S

One thing I am not seeing are the legs that a Preway usally have
I do think it may be another brand as OGR has suggested

All the Preway's I have seen have an embossed aluminum (I think) tag on the back
or by the pipe seam, do you see anything like that on yours?

S

ok so i have noticed it probably wasnt red originally it was black! and i cant find any markings?? it is the exact same one as in the link above. what is it!!! arrrrgh!

S

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atomicliving/4513058196/
another pic of a different one but its the same as mine!!!

My best guess is not a Preway (No legs or tag)
but don't be discouraged it can still be a vintage model
of another brand & is very cool.

S

yeah, i just talked with my friend! its definitely factory color and vintage! he rescued it from an old friends parent basement out in nebraska! he said the entire room was shag etc... well we will see!

P
porco posted on Thu, Apr 25, 2013 7:26 AM

here's the stamp on mine at the stack it's upside down. i apologize for the sideways post, but whenever i upload pics here that are profile on my computer, the site always defaults to landscape?

Talked with a guy who really knows his fireplaces! He told me its probably an old sears or woolworths copy of a malm, the made a cheaper model that was electric and affordable to all. So that what I think this is!!! Probably 70s maybe 60s.

It is still a very cool piece to have even if it is not a Preway.

• Dale
S

Ok so I now know what it is! And it just as cool! It a PE30 from 1970/71 it was made for Pennies by MALM so it a pennies electric 30 inch fireplace!!! The people at MALM spotted it instantly!!!

EJ

Nice!!

Pages: 1 19 replies