Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

stock footage for websites...

Pages: 1 7 replies

P

so, I need to get my website up and running and need some "stock footage" (I guess that's what it's called)...

like some old-school polynesian stuff...whatever....

obviously I don't want to rip anyone off or use photos that are someone's exclusive property....I mean hey, I'm an artist too, and I don't like being ripped off either.

I make tikis, but I'm not much of a web guy...

and places to find some stuff like that? or if some of you have a large collection of photos you've saved & feel like sharing, shoot 'em to me...

here's a few recent tikis I've done...

P

wow... 156 views and not one response.

awesome! thanks for your help!

well free stuff is hard to come by.

But Gettyimages and pond5.com are good places to start.

look around youtube maybe you cab find something and ask the person who put it up if you can use it.

Or try library
Or use your own tiki stuff and give it a vintage sepia look

You can get fonts at Free font type in tiki or Polynesian or Hawaiian - thers a cool Polynesian font that has characters.

or search public domain - hawaii / fiji / Polynesian.

I hope this helps.

T

On 2013-05-17 16:27, pjc5150 wrote:
wow... 156 views and not one response.

awesome! thanks for your help!

I don't have any really, mostly video.
And heck that has been ripped off many times.
You can use any photo from my thread if this will work.
Or if you will be at Hukilau you could use some of my lights in photos of your tiki if
you like, let me know.

But to get lots of posts you need to play the post game, I love you, you are great...
No, No, it is you who are great.
You get the idea.
I really should post more on peoples threads.
But if people see what yer making that's what it's all about.

"156 views and not one response"
Yes I feel ya.

HT

Creative Commons, Wikimedia, and most importantly, Archive.org. The biggest depositories of video, audio, and pictures.

And for those of you that like live music, archive.org contains the largest archive of legal bootlegs of live music.

If you use other people's photos, can't you just give them credit and link to their sites? I'm sorry I am just not sure what all the laws are, but it must be frustrating. Your carvings are great and you take good pictures, maybe you can adjust some of your photos to a sepia style and use them on your site.

P

thanks guys...

I appreciate it...

T

I've got an ap on my phone called Old VideoPro which takes video and makes it look olde timey.

I'm gonna look at those sources you guys posted. I love old footage and usually spend far too long on YouTube looking at vintage home movies. Some great ones in Hawaii. Careless Navigator sells a DVD of hawaii home movies that I have and play at parties for some background.

Pages: 1 7 replies