Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Double post? Ugh. BUYING a home tiki bar...

Pages: 1 3 replies

So, my Tiki Bar came down last summer to make room in the yard for some other things. I am now building a new patio deck and thought this time I would just BUY a bar, have it delivered, and just put it on the deck (my builder had given me several reasons why I should not 'hard build' the bar into the deck).

So, I know that any bar I buy won't be as cool awesome sweet and swank as the one I built but, can anyone suggest a retailer or website where I can buy such a bar? BTW, I don't want to spend 3 G's on one.

Cheers!

[ Edited by: Adcurium 2013-04-26 11:07 ]

T

Why not make your own tiki bar that is not built into your decking and save yourself tons of money. I have built many bars with good results. First I look through craigslist for bars and also go to garage sales. I have bought over a dozen used bars for under $25.00. Most of the bars are on wheels which I prefer. Buy tiki materials you want to re-purpose your bar with. Tapa or bamboo (or both) are my favorites.
I built this bar for under $100.00 and total time of about 6 hours.

Did some easy router designs.

I added some bamboo fencing, cut to fit and added a bamboo footrest.

I agree...if you like building then do a free-standing bar. I like the re-purposing that TikiVato showed...you are lucky when you have those kind of talents.

I agree with TikiVato. Nice work by the way on that bar :D. I found my Tiki Farm Bar on Ebay for $100. Just follow TikiVato's example.

[ Edited by: forgotten tikiman 2013-04-27 21:36 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies