Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

what are your boozy cold remedies?

Pages: 1 8 replies

everybody in my house is sick.

i heard beer is good to fight off illness. anybody tried it?

could always make hot buttered-rum or hot toddy, but looking for something new...

[a thread or two on this are so old i figgered they didnt warrant ginning back up, plus there may be newer research somebody knows re booze and colds/viruses]

Warm Jaegermeister and lemonade if you want to go the alcohol route.

I prefer hot peppermint tea and matzo ball soup or any spicy Thai soups.

a Hawaiian style Mai Tai with an Emergen-C in it?

I usually put those vitamin c things into OJ and overdose on the C. That usually works great for me, but I would assume that you could mix in some rum too. :)

Maybe a Hot Zombie?

S

On 2013-05-15 14:25, thePorpoise wrote:

[a thread or two on this are so old i figgered they didnt warrant ginning back up, plus there may be newer research somebody knows re booze and colds/viruses]

I personally think you figured wrong. Instead of starting a new thread and adding yet another one to this forum, bumping an old one can show new/er members, and also older ones, threads they might have missed or did not know existed. Regardless of whether or not the information in them is correct there is bound to be something to be found that is still relevant and useful and also any newer research will just be added to it.

here's the other two i saw if somebody thinks there should be a merger:

from 2005:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=17346&forum=10

from 2004:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11227&forum=10

A few good Jet Pilots . . . and I don't care about the cold anymore!

Lemon juice, bourbon, honey and hot water . . . repeat as necessary or until cold is gone . . . or just repeat . . .

On 2013-05-15 15:29, poutineki wrote:
Maybe a Hot Zombie?

gave this a try- pretty damn good. my only modification, was adding a dash of Angostura bitters (a la Spievak...)

Pages: 1 8 replies