Name:Ba Hia
Type:restaurant
Street:642 Providence Hwy
City:Walpole
State:MA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:

I have had this matchcover from the Ba Hia in Walpole, Mass for some time and always wondered if it had any Tiki roots.

Funny looking boat thingy. Chinese and Tahitian food with a cocktail lounge, hmmmm...

Then I picked up this drink/dinner menu with a better look at the crazy illustration of the Tiki figures that make up the sails on the boat.

And yes, they had the full compliment of Tiki drinks and mugs.

DC

That's not your usual Dr. Funk mug. Where's Fu Manchu? I think they got the story a little wrong to. Beachbum Berry Remixed has Dr. Funk as Robert Louis Stevenson's physician in Samoa, not Tahiti. I remember there being a fabulous (and very well referenced) thread somewhere here on TC all about that topic.

This picture of some Ba-Hia swizzles was posted in "Tiki Finds" here on TC by Big Kahuna. More evidence of tikiness.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1099&forum=5&vpost=482946

On 2013-05-23 23:06, kenbo-jitsu wrote:
That's not your usual Dr. Funk mug. Where's Fu Manchu? I think they got the story a little wrong to. Beachbum Berry Remixed has Dr. Funk as Robert Louis Stevenson's physician in Samoa, not Tahiti. I remember there being a fabulous (and very well referenced) thread somewhere here on TC all about that topic.

Kenbo,

Thanks for posting those swizzles, I am going to have to get a trade going with Big Kahuna.

I think Trader Vic started the misnomer of Dr. Funk from Tahiti. And here is a link to that great thread on Dr. Funk

DC

Pages: 1 2 replies