Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Los Angeles tiki bar on the way? AKA The Lucky Tiki Returns!

Pages: 1 20 replies

http://la.eater.com/archives/2013/05/16/the_1933_group_dropping_lucky_tiki_in_palms.php
According to an Eater LA article dated May 16th, 2013 the 1933 Group, which also owns the Bigfoot Lodge and several other bars, is looking to build a tiki bar called Lucky Tiki at 10717 Venice Blvd in the Palms neighborhood.
Bigfoot Lodge has animatronic critters in their bar if you've never been.

-Lori

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Edited the title in an effort to prevent 6 of the same posts. - 2013-05-29 11:43 ]

This would be the long awaited return of The Lucky Tiki. The 1933 Group does everything well. This is good news even though Los Angeles doesn't currently have a shortage of solid Tiki cocktails.

On 2013-05-29 11:39, Bora Boris wrote:
This would be the long awaited return of The Lucky Tiki. The 1933 Group does everything well. This is good news even though Los Angeles doesn't currently have a shortage of solid Tiki cocktails.

BB, Thank you for the clarification since the article was pretty vague. That is good news!

HT

WHAAAAA?!

Maybe if they would stop playing AC/DC inside their Tiki bar they will do better this time!

This is FANTASTIC news! Especially considering it's about 3 miles from my place.
There are already great tiki bars in LA; but this is the first one that's westside convenient!
YAYAYAY!!!

On 2013-05-29 13:40, Jeff Central wrote:
Maybe if they would stop playing AC/DC inside their Tiki bar they will do better this time!

I agree, but I'd rather hear AC/DC over hip hop, techno, or dance music
Any day.

AC/DC over sublime anyday too! :)

BV

ac/dc? Oh that sounds like hell. :)

You mean highway to hell.

Which reminds me, hope to hear some
(Hayseed Dixie - Hillbilly covers of ACDC songs)
At Tiki Oasis this year.

That's about 4 blocks from their bar Oldfields Liquor Room (formerly Saints & Sinners.) How come everything happens in that neighborhood after I move?

C

I wonder if they will have a karaoke night so you can sing Ac/Dc Jeff.

K
kirby posted on Wed, May 29, 2013 9:05 PM

Great new!!

On 2013-05-29 11:28, tikilongbeach wrote:
http://la.eater.com/archives/2013/05/16/the_1933_group_dropping_lucky_tiki_in_palms.php
According to an Eater LA article dated May 16th, 2013 the 1933 Group, which also owns the Bigfoot Lodge and several other bars, is looking to build a tiki bar called Lucky Tiki at 10717 Venice Blvd in the Palms neighborhood.
Bigfoot Lodge has animatronic critters in their bar if you've never been.

-Lori
That is great news! Way to go Lori and Boris.
David

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Edited the title in an effort to prevent 6 of the same posts. - 2013-05-29 11:43 ]

On 2013-05-29 11:39, Bora Boris wrote:

This would be very welcome news indeed!!!

Great news! The Lucky Tiki was a great little bar I'm looking forward to its return!

As I understand it, the owners saved most of the items from the old bar and hopefully have had plenty of time to acquire new stuff. I wish Bahookas had done the same...

M-

Any info as to when it might open?
Seems a shame not to open in the summer.

TT

Saints & Sinners is part of the same group along with Bigfoot Lodge & the Little Cave. Ask Atomikitty(Suzie) she knows those guys...

Just so you know Trav, Saints & Sinners has been gone for about 2 years and is now Oldfields, The Little Cave is now La Cuevita, Still the same owners.

WOW- this is awesome news !!! I really liked the Lucky Tiki !!! That is where I first tried my favorite drink. The Meihana

Pages: 1 20 replies