Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hey

Pages: 1 9 replies

T
TU posted on Thu, May 30, 2013 4:28 PM

I have been checking out the forums for a long time and decided it was time to join in. Last weekend I scored my first garage sale tiki mug and have been planning a backyard tiki bar for a few weeks now. I guess there is no turning back now!

I live in the desert of western Colorado so there isn't much tiki going on here. Without Tiki Central, I would have cultural connection to the outside.

Thanks

Welcome! I'm on the other side if Colorado (near Boulder) and there isn't much tiki going on here either. I'm hoping to check out the Adrift bar in Denver, but after numerous trips to all kinds if antique malls and such I've found a total of two tiki mugs.

Hi TU,

I'm a glass half full kinda guy, so I'd regard that desert that you're in as a really, really long beach at very low tide.

Good luck with your bar building.

there's a desert in Colorado?? lol
i like the idea of the long long beach!! well at least you wont have worry about your tiki and too much moisture and rotting!!
welcome to the group too

I'm north of Sacramento, but just over the hill on the other side of my canyon is the ocean...I can smell it and hear the waves...we have a long beach here too!!!

Welcome to TC...keep buying those mugs.

I stood in my front yard today at rush hour. The wind was almost cool. only a few mosquitos were biting me. the drivers zooming down my street were oblivious to the fishy bay waves and crab traps a few blocks to the east. i felt exhausted, and i recalled one summer's day in aurora colorado, when i felt similarly exhausted and laid down in the cool grass in july- July!- and took a nap right there in my inlaw's front yard in the tree shade- no bugs bit me, the air was cool and dry, the wind blew through the maple leaves rasping like palm fronds. one of the most refreshing naps ever. state of mind, amigo, state of mind..

T
TU posted on Sun, Jun 2, 2013 2:47 PM

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I dig the state of mind. 4 out of 5 days I wear a tropical shirt to work. My favorite one has pineapples. Every time I get to go to a shore, it amazes me how many people are taking it for granted. All I need to do is visit my sand collection from all over the world and remember a day at the beach.

On 2013-06-02 14:47, TU wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcomes! I dig the state of mind. 4 out of 5 days I wear a tropical shirt to work. My favorite one has pineapples. Every time I get to go to a shore, it amazes me how many people are taking it for granted. All I need to do is visit my sand collection from all over the world and remember a day at the beach.

I can't send you a sand sample from here so a pic will have to suffice and I'll add another for a little local color, this little group lives in the bush near my house and can be seen most mornings and evenings having a snack.

On 2013-06-02 14:47, TU wrote:
All I need to do is visit my sand collection from all over the world and remember a day at the beach.

Very cool -- I do that too -- collect sand and interesting soil from my travels all over the world. My favorite is the green sand (olivine crystals) from the green sand beaches of the Big Island of Hawaii. Looks great alongside my bright red and orange soil from Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks and my pure white sand from Siesta Key in Florida.

I just stopped by to say.....Hey.

Pages: 1 9 replies