Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Artwork by Woody Miller

Pages: 1 17 replies

W

A painting I had in a show recently. I liked the yellow walls, looks great with the painting! Not sure what to call it yet...

Acrylic and shellac on wood panel

It is what it is....
wOOdTiKi
http://www.woodymillerart.com

[ Edited by: Woodtiki 2013-06-01 07:26 ]

Getting ready for a solo show in Oakland of my art that will be up September and October, and I have lots of tiki art. I've been doing some black velvet paintings, a blue velvet and experimenting with some cool brown velvety paper I have. Anyway, I wanted to post some pics:

Little Niki Tiki - round antique wood frame, acrylic on velvet

Tropical Winds - acrylic on velvet (Going in a cool bamboo frame!)

No name for this guy yet...

Palm Pattern - acrylic on velvet paper

great stuff, do moar

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 22, 2013 11:44 AM

Fun.

K

Really cool stuff... Hope to pick something up from you at some point.

A couple more....

Magic Marquesan, acrylic on wood

Quiet Night Lights, oil pastel on blue velvet board

Great work!

W

Been painting a lot getting ready for my show in Oakland next month. Here are a few more things.

This one inspired by the song "Moon of Manakoora". Title is... drumroll please....
Moon of Manakoora!
Acrylic on wood

Monkey Moai
Acrylic on wood

Bird of Paradise 1
Acrylic on wood

Last night I did an art show in San Jose and sold this guy. My first velvet painting, and was a little crude for me, but I think had a good moody effect.

Thanks for looking!

I like that your style is recognizable, which is a hard thing to accomplish. Thank you for posting, I'll enjoy following your thread. Wendy

I love your style, great stuff!

Love the "no name" red tiki. The glow effect just jumps right at you. Great job!

T

Saw your post for your show... congrats!

Your work is lots of fun! I really like the abstract and stylized elements of your pieces.

Thanks for posting!

T

Oh yeah... forgot to mention... love the textures and layers you have going in your work... very nice!

W

Thanks so much Eric! Means a lot coming from you, love your work as well! Hopefully get to meet you at the Forbidden Island parking lot sale.

W

Here is a link to my art show in Oakland, with tons of tiki art!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46093&forum=17&2

W

Wow, been some time since I've posted in my own thread! Lot's of new artwork to show, but for now I'm just posting one.

This image came to my mind and I thought it would be fun to do some paintings derived from cocktail names. New painting I finished last week, that I call "The Pearl Diver". It's acrylic, 18x28 inches. Soon I hope to frame it in a burnt wood, carved frame with some lauhala matting.

Have a couple others in mind, sketching a couple out this week. Tropical Itch, Navy Grog, Jungle Bird, Shrunken Skull to name a few.
Anyone have any drink ideas with "Pele" or "Hula" in the names?

Think I'll keep future work posted here.
Thanks for looking!

K

One of the greatest artists out there! Awesome stuff, awesome name.

Everyone did a great job reviewing your work and it's been some time since your last post.....anything new to share? Really nice work!!!!!

Pages: 1 17 replies