Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

another Tiki Collector on HGTV

Pages: 1 7 replies

TK

HGTV's "building character" show last night featured the converted theater home of none other than our favorite ebay high bidder, "edgeoftexas" He had a fairly impressive collection, but they (HGTV) were more interested in the house.

T

What was the home and collection like? Tell us more!

T

I saw that last night! He turned a 1940s movie theater into his home & photography studio. He's got an impressive lineup of Tiki & Hawaiiana, lots of the more rare mugs could be spotted on his shelves.

Taking pictures sure seems to be treating him well!

:tiki:

Here's the link to the HGTV site...
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/remodeling/article/0,1797,HGTV_3659_2091948,00.html
Not alot of info or pics but his place sounds pretty cool...
Aloha,
:tiki:

[ Edited by: Tiki Royale on 2003-07-07 17:29 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-07-07 17:37 ]

DZ

A couple of months ago, an eBay seller mistakenly sent me one of "edgeoftexas" auction purchases and sent him mine. After figuring out the mix-up, the seller gave me his address and I sent his mug to his studio. I enclosed a short letter congratulating him on his many eBay victories (many of them over me, I must say) and inviting him to join TikiCentral. I received my mug from him shortly thereafter, but he enclosed no 'note' of his own, and if he is here on TC, I don't think he's made his presence known yet.

I'd like to see this episode, even if just for a glimpse of what must be an awe-inspiring collection!

T

Surprising to see no tiki mugs in his still life photography, but there is a nice tumbleweed snowman:
http://www.martysnortumstudio.com/alfresco_09.htm

T

Well there was that one shot of the swizzles in there.

I caught most of this show, did anyone see those carved "footstools" he had up on the roof, they were very cool. I wished they would have showed more of his collection.

B

Just a heads up that they are rerunning this episode tonight at 8:30 Eastern.

Pages: 1 7 replies