Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Back Yard Tiki Bar in Michigan

Pages: 1 24 replies

J
JB04 posted on Mon, Jun 17, 2013 8:58 AM

Well, after browsing around this website for awhile now, I finally got the nerve to build my own little paradise in the backyard. The tiki bar started out being made of pallets, It took off from there....Now I am addicted. I'm just getting Started, My wife is gonna kill me, lol!! Post any suggestions. Thanks for looking.

[ Edited by: JB04 2013-06-17 18:30 ]

[ Edited by: JB04 2013-06-17 18:31 ]

J
JB04 posted on Mon, Jun 17, 2013 9:34 AM

don't know why its showing side ways guys sorry

Thanks for posting the pictures of your space! Watch out, this tiki bar thing gets REALLY addicting!

On 2013-06-17 09:34, JB04 wrote:
don't know why its showing side ways guys sorry

No worries, that's how mine look once the rum starts flowing :wink:

H

Ok here we go.

J
JB04 posted on Mon, Jun 17, 2013 6:19 PM

Lol Thanks, I was going to get to that tomorrow.

I will say it before anyone else does.

You need some tikis. Lake Surfer is up by you in Wisconsin, and he does great work. I think some float lamps would look good too.

It looks like it is coming along nicely. Great backyard for a tiki bar! Keep the pictures coming.

I concur & damn you lunavideogames for stealing my Thunder!
It is a nice start but do that other thing too...... :lol: and a :drink:

Looks like its coming along
Have fun and cheers

Jon

I like this and how you surrounded the bar with sand. Looks fun :D.

J
JB04 posted on Tue, Jun 18, 2013 6:34 AM

Yeah Like I Said, Im just getting started. I have a lot of thoughts and plans for the back yard, I would like to get a thatched umbrella soon as well and many more Polynesian décor. Thanks Guys. Oh buy the way, the float lights are on the way now!

[ Edited by: JB04 2013-06-18 06:36 ]

[ Edited by: JB04 2013-06-18 06:36 ]

HT
  1. Get used to your wife wanting to kill you. You've started an addiction whose only ends are death, and poorhouse.
  2. Look around the site, and do a LOT of research before going into anything else. I, like many, made the mistake of grabbing any tiki that I could get my hands on when I first got into it. You'll save yourself time, and money, if you find all of the wonderful artists here at TC, the resources for sourcing materials or things, and building your own, and learn what is, and isn't tiki.

Welcome, and good luck with the missus!

J
JB04 posted on Tue, Jun 18, 2013 7:32 AM

Haha, the funny thing is, my wife loves it. She doesn't like the cost of everything though. I'm very impulsive. I do find myself looking more and more into making my backyard feel like a getaway. slowly but surely it will happen. Im 36 and just started, I have got a long way to go. Its fun.

HT

On 2013-06-18 07:32, JB04 wrote:
Haha, the funny thing is, my wife loves it. She doesn't like the cost of everything though. I'm very impulsive. I do find myself looking more and more into making my backyard feel like a getaway. slowly but surely it will happen. Im 36 and just started, I have got a long way to go. Its fun.

Let's be fair, none of us love the cost of everything :D

As a Clevelander who deals with snow 5 months out of the year...a warning: it will break your heart to see snow on your oasis! >:(
BUT- looks like you are off to a great start! Enjoy!!

TIKI-KITTY
"As a Clevelander who deals with snow 5 months out of the year...a warning: it will break your heart to see snow on your oasis! >:(
BUT- looks like you are off to a great start! Enjoy!!"

not that bad, it gives you a reason to pack it up
and head to the KEYS for winter.

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2013-06-23 10:30 ]

J
JB04 posted on Sun, Jun 23, 2013 1:31 PM

Yeah, It does suck that we have snow to deal with in the winter. We have a good 7 months of tiki-bar time though. I love the artificial palms too. I'm looking to get a few. Bananas and canas plants are growing now, they are coming in good...Just started all this though. But all us neighbors (12 of us) are having a great time. We swim at my neighbors in-ground pool during the day, and drink at the tiki bar at night. Its a blast. I have so many more plans its not even funny. Next is the landscapping and getting more "tropical", its just so darn expensive. Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day.

[ Edited by: JB04 2013-06-23 14:03 ]

[ Edited by: jb04 2013-06-23 14:19 ]

Welcome to TC, looks like you have got a great start and some links to local Ohana for product ideas. Have fun!!!

Tiki David,

Is that your artifical palm? Where did you get it from? I'm having a hard time finding outdoor, snow worthy artificial pams that don't cost close to $1K or more. Any sources, let me know!

I see you have already experienced the "joy" of seeing your tiki bar covered in snow! Yikes!!
It sure makes you enjoy the nice months, though right?! :)

Man, I wish I had your backyard! I miss grass and privacy fences. Good luck on feeding the monkey, hehe.

On 2013-06-23 18:31, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
Tiki David,

Is that your artifical palm? Where did you get it from? I'm having a hard time finding outdoor, snow worthy artificial pams that don't cost close to $1K or more. Any sources, let me know!

It was a gift from some friends, but I do know it was around that $1000.00 /plus mark.
it is about 10 yrs old.and I think the price has come down a lttle, and selection
& styles have improved.

Nice job, it addiction so look out next this you know you have this in your back yard..

J
JB04 posted on Wed, Jun 26, 2013 12:22 PM

On 2013-06-25 20:26, TikiMeplus3 wrote:
Nice job, it addiction so look out next this you know you have this in your back yard..

I love it. I really like the decor. You cant tell if thats on a beach somewhere or in Michigan. Nice job!

Great job on the roof, it really makes the place.

-Longboard

Pages: 1 24 replies