Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

New French Tahiti inspired living room and Bar

Pages: 1 26 replies

PP

well for some time now, the tikis have been creeping in from both the outside and from the back bedroom to take over the living room! so now Im building an inside bar and display shelf for the tiki mugs, heres the first few pix so far.....

the 3 paintings are by a local artist named Quirno "Cory" Martinez

most of the tikis are Fiji style ones also

Fabulous art, delightful Tikis and loving that safari decor on the table. GREAT JOB!!!

PP

Thanks again!!!!!
thats why your my fav member!!!!!

Cool! A little off the beaten path :D. I like your Hula Slut. Does she have a sister? :wink:

PP

thanks, yea Hula slut does have a sister

Bienvenu au Pacifique français !

Might I suggest some vintage airline posters? This one, by Arthur Thompson, advertising New Zealand's Tasman Empire Airways Limited, is a favourite of mine which I have up on my bedroom wall:

http://media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com/originals/9a/32/51/9a325113d15da7ddf66461792cf31774.jpg

This one is quite cool too:

http://www.antiquesreporter.com.au/index.cfm/lot/194829-tahiti-fly-teal-98-x-62-cm/

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

[ Edited by: Club Nouméa 2013-06-19 00:50 ]

PP

wow i love both of them, i do have a large group of French Colonial recruiting posters aimed at asia and africa I was thinking about putting up but I like yours too!!! now Ive just gotta drag in all the ols suit cases and steamer trunks lol
paul

"Hula Slut!" That is great.

You made my day!!!!!

On 2013-06-19 11:16, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
"Hula Slut!" That is great.

You made my day!!!!!

Glad to hear it Lori!! yea the local artist who painted it does alot with that!!! I want him to do me up a "Tiki Slut" next!!!

Ive got a few old drink and food menues Im going to frame and put up in the kitchen too

Great take on tiki decor. Who did the boat carving on the mantle?

You're keeeeeeling me with those vintage print travel posters. Definitely going to decorate my garage with some of those one of these days. I have always been attracted to them...that Madagascar one is spectacular...it really sets the stage for mystique and intrigue...a perfect backdrop for the slutty art!!!

On 2013-06-20 11:23, White Devil wrote:
Great take on tiki decor. Who did the boat carving on the mantle?

thanks so much, it came from Jason and Smokin'Tiki
I got a deal since some of the heads were broken off

On 2013-06-20 21:45, VampiressRN wrote:
You're keeeeeeling me with those vintage print travel posters. Definitely going to decorate my garage with some of those one of these days. I have always been attracted to them...that Madagascar one is spectacular...it really sets the stage for mystique and intrigue...a perfect backdrop for the slutty art!!!

Ive had these for a while and have always loved the art work from the era, and was just looking for a reason to frame them and put them up! ive got some really neat british and German ones too, I'll have to post!!!

PP

what people throw away!!!!!!
found this two days ago and spent a day cleaning it and re-staining the wood......

going to make it into a cooler

You really have a great eye for picking the right stuff and putting it together.

Great tiki's and old time radio.

-Longboard

Holy Cow!!! Great find...I lost a great trunk in the divorce...must find a replacement someday (for the trunk > not the ex). Fabulous trunk with the curved top and looks like leather...delightfully rustic.

Here is a great book that speaks to your living room style. Lot's of gorgeous pictures and very inspiring.
http://www.amazon.com/French-Island-Elegance-Michael-Connors/dp/0810958414/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372209097&sr=8-1&keywords=french+caribbean+decor

PP

thanks long board I try, Id say about 30% of the stuff in the yard was thrown away and grabbed by me, lol!!

found four of these on Saturday, started cleaning em up this weekend and gonna varnish them soon, nice 5 foot tall empty shipping crates, thinking of stenciling something cool on em, like Rifle in French....

before.....

after......

PP

On 2013-06-25 18:14, VampiressRN wrote:
Holy Cow!!! Great find...I lost a great trunk in the divorce...must find a replacement someday (for the trunk > not the ex). Fabulous trunk with the curved top and looks like leather...delightfully rustic.

Here is a great book that speaks to your living room style. Lot's of gorgeous pictures and very inspiring.
http://www.amazon.com/French-Island-Elegance-Michael-Connors/dp/0810958414/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372209097&sr=8-1&keywords=french+caribbean+decor

thanks again, never even thought of looking for a book like these!!!! great and valuable resources thanks so much dear!!!!
yea the chest in in two pieces, but that's ok and there is copper or tin that looks like alligator hide. inside are newspapers from 1923 so Im guessing its at least that old!!!!m

PP

Realized my living room was going more African safari than French island, so I had to bring in some tikis and a few odds and ends.....

PP

moved my favorite tiki, gave him a French Kepi hat, and presto, he looks French Tahitian

H

Your place looks very nice. I like the French touch.

Thanks Hiltiki, just started taking items from outside and the bedroom and moving em into the living room, it needs more tiki/Polynesian stuff though, got some new stuff coming in and a few lamps, but of course it will never be completely done lol

PP

had a chance to take a few pix, pulled some stuff out of the bedroom, found I didn't have enough tiki items in the living room

Looking even more intriguing. I have that same monkey lamp and a second similar matching one. Once I get my Egyptian bedroom done I will post pictures, but they certainly will not be as spectacular as yours. Are you a thrift store or antique store shopper or both? Love how you are blending items together so well. Keep up the great work and posting pics, you are an inspiration!!!

PP

On 2013-08-01 22:42, VampiressRN wrote:
Looking even more intriguing. I have that same monkey lamp and a second similar matching one. Once I get my Egyptian bedroom done I will post pictures, but they certainly will not be as spectacular as yours. Are you a thrift store or antique store shopper or both? Love how you are blending items together so well. Keep up the great work and posting pics, you are an inspiration!!!

thanks so much!! yea, love the thrift store, yard sales, swap meets, antique stores as well as driving around on trash day, behind stores and down alleys, the stuff some people throw away!!! lol not to proud to say Ive brought home some pretty gnarly stuff over the years!! ive got some neat prints I wanna frame and hang up, but so much stuff is split between the back yard, front yard, bedroom, hall and now living room/dinning room!! need more stuff lol, not to mention at least one Witco to go on the wall!!!!

Moving soon................................

At least you already know how you like things arranged. Best of luck with the move and have fun building your dream world again.

Pages: 1 26 replies