Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Alleged Original Tiki Room Bird Carved Tiki

Pages: 1 6 replies

C

I would really appreciate any help / input with an item I HAD up for sale, I pulled it and relisted it as an auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290939814596
I got an email from this guy saying....
Sorry. seriously doubt the sharpie marking on this piece. Need more evidence than that it is related to Disney. And positive it was NEVER EVER PART OF The Enchanted Tiki Room. I would be very careful with those descriptions and this asking price"

I thanked him and said I appreciate your input, he writes back....

"Within our tite knit group of Disneyana preservers and collectors of and especially original park props, we consider Fraud to be dispicable. Of course none of us would ever be attracted to anything as absurd as this carved Cockatiel ( from either Mexico or the Philipines most likely). Its just so sad to see any seller ever either out of ignorance or greed make such ridiculous claims about anything but especially anything so easily disproved. I would do my homework if I was You and seriously consider changeing this items description. We are watching."

Truly I listed this as it was found. Anyone know how I can authenticate this piece? This is a reputable place I purchased, so I don't think they are trying to pull a fast one.

Thoughts?

Do you have a certificate of authenticity?
This ebay auction is for a tribal prop at the defunct Adventurers Club at WDW. They can provide a certificate of authenticity. Theme Park Connection is the seller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330947667708?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649#ht_8851wt_917

C

Thank You!

Yes, we just contacted them today. We will see we what we can find!

Cyntiki, sorry if this is nitpicky, but in no way is this carving a tiki.
From your ebay description: "This awesome carved bird tiki was purchased at an Estate Sale Auction... The wood carved tiki itself..."
It's carved out of wood, it may have come from the Tiki Room, but that does not make it a tiki.
It's not a bird-styled tiki. It's a bird.
Guess I'm as particular as those Disney enthusiast that contacted you. :)

"We are watching" creepy

The whole look, texture and fake aging of the thing spells Cost Plus Import store to me. I seriously doubt they ever had it out at the Tiki Room. If so, it is not vintage, or Disney-made.

C

I appreciate all the help I can get. Your delivery is much kinder!

Pages: 1 6 replies