Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Lowes Tiki bird bath converted to a fountain

Pages: 1 9 replies

R

I've been looking to add some little water feature to the yard and when I saw the tiki bird bath at Lowes I knew it would be perfect for the price. Completed the project for just under $100.
I think the bird bath was about $50 at Lowes. I modified the top of the bath by drilling a 5/8" hole towards the back to feed a supply line up through and cut out a section of the lip towards the front for the water to flow over.
I also picked up a 26" round pond liner at Lowes for about $12 to use as the basin and the 5/8 supply line for $4.
Harbor Freight was the next stop to pick up a 200gph pond pump for $10 and a $12 submersible light that comes with different color lenses.
Dug out a spot for the basin, set everything in place and it worked out pretty well. I still have to play around with the opening at the lip to get a better flow running off of it but a little more grinding and it should be good.

J

Great job! I like it! I wished the Lowes (and other stores) around here would get some tiki stuff once in a while.

Nice job! Too bad these birdbaths never made it out to any SoCal Lowes.

EJ

They never made it to my area either.

[ Edited by: El Jefe 2013-07-11 12:32 ]

Very cool RetroLane. Add one of those floating foggers and you'll be set!

I have him!! Now I wish i'd bought a 2nd. Or perhaps a modification is in order.......

Very, very clever!!! Good job.

You can buy it on the Lowe's website for $49.00.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_396601-1570-02-917013ES_0__?productId=3881159

HT

Did you think you'd get away with posting that photo and not having someone notice the train tracks?

Okay, sir, what in heavens name do you have going on in your backyard with HO (H?) Scale train tracks?

A G-scale Banana Train maybe?

Sorry for the late reply. Just got back from 10 days in SoCal and missing it already.
I have a small G scale train running along the deck area.
Here's a pic from about a year ago.

About center of that is where I installed the fountain. There's a palm tree now at the end and eventually want to expand the water feature and move the trains further down the yard.

Pages: 1 9 replies