Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Room (Anaheim) suggestions

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

I'm heading out to California in August, and at the tail end of the trip I'm driving to Anaheim to visit Trader Sam's for the first time! I know that some of you TC-ers are regular customers, so does anybody have any drink suggestions?
How about the Tangaroa Terrace? Is the food ok? Is there anything that I shouldn't miss?
Thanks for your help!

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - Added "Anaheim" to subject. - 2013-08-07 14:10 ]

The food is good. The Uh Oa bowl is good. Order some off menu drinks like Chief Lapu Lapu or Navy Grog. Grab some mugs and enjoy!

T

I'm totally interested in their signature drinks. Shame on the person who shows up at the Tiki-Ti and doesn't order a Ray's Mistake during their visit. I'll try out the Uh Oa Bowl!

I am not a huge fan of most. But if you want the "fun stuff to happen" get a Krakatoa or a Shipwreck too. Their Mai Tais are decent but I think the Uh Oa bowl has the best flavor of their drinks.

I usually don't get the Ray's Mistake. :) They are great, but they have sooooooooo many stupendous drinks at Tiki Ti, I am still trying to drink each one. I am pretty close too! But I have had my fair share of mistakes.

The fare at Tangaroa Terrance is decent, and at decent price (for a Disney resort). The last few times I've been to Sam's, it's been an icebox inside, so we usually sit outside in the shade which is very nice. But definitely sit inside for awhile to get the complete experience. The drinks tend to be a bit sweet, at least for me, but my favorites are Shipwreck on the Rocks, and Shrunken Zombie Head. The drinks are not particularly strong, so you can do three if you're on a full stomach. Get them in the souvenir mug, it makes it more fun, and be sure they throw some swizzle sticks in the bag to take with you.

Cheers!

Personally, I'd skip the Tangaroa Terrace & just get appetizers at Trader Sam's. You do have to check out the tikis at the entrance to the terrace though. Definitely sit inside of Trader Sam's!!!!!!!!!! Preferably at the bar, closer to the west side. More "entertainment" happens over there, especially if you order the Shipwreck. You HAVE to order the Uh Oa! & the Krakatoa...

PP

I love the "" Piranhas in the pool"" its coconut and strawberries, really good, as well as their Zombie is good, but don't have more than one on an empty stomach like me !!!

K
kkocka posted on Sun, Aug 4, 2013 4:56 PM

I spend quite a lot of time at Sam's as I'm at the parks frequently. Do try their Krakatoa Punch - I think they use Seven Tiki and Pyrat (my new fav) rums in it. After being outside in the scoring heat, a Shipwreck will indeed cut through nicely.

Depending on what days you're there, you can get great service from the likes of Kelly, Rhonda, or Mike. Drink up the experience, and try to avoid ultra busy crowds.

Have Rhonda fix you a Bali Bali ( off the menu). Most all the bartenders are very good-Bernardo,Kelly and Ron quickly come to mind, Ron makes the best if you lean towards the least sweet.
Hava good time!

If you're into Mugs, Sam's is now selling the second edition Krakatoa, and the new Sam's Rum Barrel (different color than the first run). You can buy them without the drinks if you've got to drive home.

T

Thanks for all of the suggestions. We went and had a great time. Unfortunately we didn't get to sit inside because we showed up after 8 pm with a baby. Good on Disney for making kid-free zones, though. We were able to pawn off the kid ( for a couple of minutes) and order the Uh Oha Bowl from inside the bar. We can't wait to go back when we have a bit more time.

Pages: 1 10 replies