Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Tiki Bar to go with the pool in Wollongong Australia.

Pages: 1 11 replies

G'day from Australia. I wanted to share with you my new project, a Tiki Bar next to my back yard pool. It was going to be a surf shack but after going to the Viva Las Vegas festival in 2012 and getting my first Tiki tattoo my wife changed my mind and the Tiki Bar idea was born. We started collecting Tiki mugs and statues, even getting a local nursery who carve sandstone blocks into garden ornaments to do a Tiki for us. We are up to the stage of setting the bar into position and next comes the task of placeing all our items around to give it the Tiki bar feel. I saw an artical about a guy who converted his garage into a Tiki Lounge and in it he said he got inspiration from Tiki Central which is why I joined and am posting now. I am attaching some photos which shows my progress up to now. Any thoughts or help anyone wants to send my way will be much apprieciated.

The original bar.

Pulling it apart.

The top off.

Adding the bamboo.

The top all sanded ready for the clear coats.

The roof section all built.

The area near the pool that will be used.

The surf shack idea has to be changed.

Painting and prepairing the area.

The bar in place with the bamboo wall completed.

Next comes the dressing of the area. I will post some pitcures when it gets done.

Thank you for looking.

Here are some new photos of the progress:

I will take more to show the mask wall and the changed celing.

[ Edited by: Footloose Tiki 2013-12-09 15:18 ]

[ Edited by: Footloose Tiki 2013-12-09 15:26 ]

M

You're off to a good start!

H

Nice, let's see more progress pictures...

On 2013-07-09 17:32, MaukaHale wrote:
You're off to a good start!

Thanks.

On 2013-07-09 20:47, hiltiki wrote:
Nice, let's see more progress pictures...

No worries I will add them as I do more.

Aloha Footloose Tiki,

I know the 'gong well - the place where the mountains meet the sea - we used to live up the escarpment near Mittagong before migrating to the deep north at Hervey Bay.

Your tiki space is coming along nicely. Keep us posted.

Mahalo,

THIV

Too much tiki is barely enough.

K

I've been ev'ry where man... been ter wollongong, wollongong, wollongong, wollongong...

Great transformation on the bar
Looks like fun
Cheers

Jon

M

Looking good!

M

Looks sweet! Can't wait to see more progress!

It is looking great...you have got a good start. Have fun and post pics of the progress.

Hey Foot, "the surf shack idea has to be changed". Why not just incorporate your surf "stuff" into your tiki theme?
Sho lookin good so fa!
Cheers

Pages: 1 11 replies